About the job
Location: Remote (must be based out of US / Canada)
Travel: Less than 10%
Manages Others: No
Education: Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience)
Experience: 3-5 Years of hands-on experience with AWS services and products, ability to provide technical leadership to developers for designing and securing solutions
Reporting to the DevOps Team Lead, the successful candidates will be instrumental in helping to build, test, and maintain the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development and release of software and updates. We need a team of dedicated, agile, and creative DevOps Engineers to identify and analyze our development processes to support our rapid growth.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
What You Bring
- 3-5 Years of hands-on experience with AWS services and products (EC2, ECS, SQS, RDS, Cloudwatch, VPN, IAM, Guard Duty)
- Ability to provide technical leadership to developers for designing and securing solutions
- Experience with Python scripting
- Understanding of Linux utilities and Bash
- Familiarity of containerization with Docker
- Experience in Lambda, SQS, ALB/NLBs, SNS, CDK, and S3 (preferred)
- Security compliance and scans (preferred)
- Experience with GitHub Actions (preferred)
- Experience with AWS Fargate Serverless Computing Engine (preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code with CDK (preferred)
Who We Are
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a talented Marketing and People team
- Competitive salary and benefits package
BusPatrol is safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol educates motorists every day by helping to communities enforce school bus traffic stop the law. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus.
Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
Note to applicants: We are looking for a valued member of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Join our safety mission to help keep children safe!
- Address USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5