About the job
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean and helps maintain, build and improve our City’s infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Posting: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
General Description And Classification Standards
The Atlanta Information Management (AIM) is seeking highly motivated candidates for the role of Security Engineer for the City of Atlanta reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The Security Engineer is responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations. Other responsibilities include analyzing, troubleshooting, and investigating security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyzes security systems and seeks improvements on a continuous basis
- Helps drive security standards and best practices
- Advises and implements application, and infrastructure security strategy.
- Performs breach, threat, and vulnerability analysis
- Helps drive user education on information security best practices
- Deploys, configures, and monitors new security tools
- Troubleshoots and fixes security infrastructure issues.
- Handles escalations from Cybersecurity Analysts
- Interacts with, configures, and troubleshoots network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote
- Reports possible threats or software issues
- Researches weaknesses and finds ways to counter them
- Understands software, hardware and internet needs while adjusting them according to our business environment
- Assists fellow employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware or IT needs
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (equivalent five years of professional experience may be considered for substitution of the required degree o n an exception basis).
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, graduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following platforms or technologies: Palo Alto, Windows Defender, Forescout, RedSeal, EDR platforms, Okta, Proofpoint, and Qualys
- Advanced knowledge of Unix, Linux, Windows and operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and services such as the following: FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.
- Packet analysis tools (tcpdump, Wireshark, ngrep, etc.)
- Experience as a network intrusion analyst
Licensures and Certifications
The following certifications are preferred: GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC, OSCP, OSCE, OSCP, or similar certification
Essential Capabilities And Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5