About the job
Posting Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Our culture in the Department of Atlanta Information Management (AIM) is rooted in our shared core values: Trust, accountability, collaboration, service, and integrity. The AIM team understands our role as a strategic partner to departments throughout the city; we strongly believe technology has the potential to elevate the City of Atlanta and is essential to moving the mayor’s vision forward. With the effective use of technology, we become more efficient, more effective, and innovative. We become more capable of enhancing the experience of all affected by City government. AIM’s mission is to advance Atlanta by being consistent in the delivery of innovative, reliable, secure, and user-focused technology solutions.
Our team members exemplify the shared core values above, so if you have these characteristics, consider joining us as we work to advance technology for the city, its esteemed citizens, and valued visitors.
General Description And Classification Standards
This position defines, designs, and implements cyber security solutions for compute, storage, and network solutions. This is a fully seasoned professional level (Senior level) capable of carrying out most assignments typical of the profession with limited guidance or review. The job of a City of Atlanta Cyber Security Senior Engineer involves various tasks, duties, and responsibilities, which are shown in the job description below. This position is focused on the day-to-day support & operations and will assist on projects as needed. The position is a hybrid position that will be required to spend one to three days on site.
- Attends weekly security and security vulnerability meetings to understand threats facing the environment.
- Works to prioritize mitigating risks to include patching efforts and tracks progress to complete remediation
- Ensures security vulnerabilities are remediated within organization SLA
- Installs, integrates, and maintains the security system and supports new and existing corporate Windows Server
- Manages single resource and multi-resource internal team projects, Provides assessment, costing, design, planning and management of new projects and processes
- Designs, plans, and manages deployment of new and multi-specialty technologies
- Plans, designs, and implements Active Directory configuration changes
- Monitors and administers appropriate systems to ensure systems and services availability and peak performance, and modifications to existing environments are effective and efficient
- Documents all systems procedures, systems practices, job responsibility and job processes
- Administers and provides technical support for various system and network software packages including but not limited to electronic mail, databases, file services, print services, anti-virus, backup, monitoring, etc.
- Decision Making- Selects from multiple procedures and methods to accomplish tasks.
- May make purchasing or resource allocation decisions within organization guidelines.
- Applies organizational policies. May interpret organizational policies and recommend exceptions.
- Establishes work methods, timetables, performance standards, etc.
- Provides work group leadership, guidance, and/or training to less experienced staff. Serves as a technical resource or mentor to other employees. May lead or instruct less experienced workers in high level or technical jobs.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Manage operating systems and end user software.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights within Azure Active Directory and On-premises Active Directory.
- Manage communications (e-mail, IM, e-fax, video) and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
- Analyze system, server, and application performance.
- Create and maintain diagrams, knowledge articles, and other documentation as it relates to systems configuration.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Create shell scripts as required for automation and to expedite any rote process.
- Check service desk database for entries on enterprise applications or server resource issues; prioritize and respond to help desk tickets as appropriate.
- Provide follow up services to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve client issues.
- Provide advice and recommendations to management on processes and techniques required for improved work operations.
- Closing Tickets received by the Service Desk
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Defender, Azure Security Center, Azure, Azure Networking, AWS, VMware, MS Group Policy, Active Directory, Azure IaaS, and PaaS
- Good knowledge of networking including Zero-trust models
- Good knowledge of application and infrastructure security solutions
- Understanding of the Proofpoint application and email routing
- Subject Matter expert on Office 365
- Leadership, mentoring, and facilitation skills
- vSphere, vCenter, Windows Server, Storage, Cisco, vmware , Linux, automation, Cisco UCS, Proofpoint, Office 365, Azure, AWS, DNS, Backup & Storage
- Well-developed network technical skills. Skills in organizing and presenting information, proposals etc.
- Ability to plan and carry out virtually all typical assignments within network administration.
- Ability to build effective relationships within the City and to train others.
- Hands On Skills is a must
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science or engineering (equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis).5 years of specific cyber security experience.
Required a cyber security and/or IT certification.
Preferred Qualifications – Education & Experience
Masters degree in computer science or engineering (equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the masters degree on an exception basis) with 5-8 years’ of directly related professional work.
Essential Capabilities And Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10