About the job
NSX Automation Engineer: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
NSX-T provides networking and security services for the Data Center (Private Cloud) allowing us to create and follow, micro-segmentation patterns. The adoption of micro-segmentation, allows us to isolate network access directly at the endpoint itself as required, excluding traditional Layer 3 boundaries, and allowing the application of applied security policy in unique and adaptive ways.
As an NSX Automation Engineer you are responsible for the design, documentation, automation, and operation of our NSX-T platform. The skills required to be successful in this job are focused on Security and Network. The ideal candidate is a strong team player with a background in one of the relevant fields, with relevant experience deploying and operating an NSX-T platform. Experience with automation of the deployment and management of NSX-T is preferred.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Provide network security segmentation for applications and systems deployed on VMware hypervisor platforms or behind Edge devices.
- Manage NSX infrastructure, overseeing the execution of upgrades and maintenance of the platform.
- Create, maintain and support security policy ensuring appropriate enforcement per VF policy.
- Create, maintain and network policy utilizing VXLAN extension as necessary per VF policy.
- Monitor the health of NSX Manager, network, and systems participating in NSX network.
- Develops and maintains automation scripts in Terraform to support:
- Segments and Routing
- Distributed Firewall Policy
- Gateway Firewall Policy
- Grouping and Tagging
- Develops and maintains scripts in Ansible to support:
- Automated Deployment
- Management and Upgrades
- Contributes to technical design and evolution of NSX platforms and services.
- Support operational teams in development and deployment, using our Terraform modules.
- Participates with Cloud Center of Excellence to help drive automated deployment of like services and security across our Public Cloud and Data Centers (Private Cloud).
- Supports Cyber Security Incident Response activities as necessary.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Core understanding of data center infrastructure, and directory services structures and use cases (Active Directory, LDAP).
- Good knowledge of Networking fundamentals including but not limited to; The OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration and/or Architecture.
- Strong knowledge and experience managing firewalls and IPS policy either with NSX or other well-known firewall providers.
- Proficient understanding of VMware with a focus on NSX-T networking and security fundamentals.
- Experience using CI/CD and automation tools such as GitLab, Jenkins is a plus.
- Automation experience utilizing Ansible and Terraform preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple business partners with a focus on building partnerships.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Scripting capabilities in bash, PowerShell, python, considered a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, be a strong team player, and have organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL, SDLC, DevOps and agile processes and practices preferred.
- Experience following enterprise change and release management processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization (VCP6-NV) a plus.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) preferred, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), a plus.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting, carrying pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs.
- May require extended work hours including participation in on-call rotations.
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 25% amount of time.
- Address USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10