DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company… and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE’s emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
Intermediate professional level IT Security Engineering position in the Security Risk Management team. The IT Security Engineer works as a team member to provide recommendations, leads projects, and assesses vendors and technologies for use within the organization. The IT Security Engineer performs complex tasks related to area of technical responsibility, works on multiple assignments and projects, and participates/facilitates meetings and group discussions. The IT Security Engineer works independently with limited supervision and may provide technical guidance and assistance to less experienced IT Security Engineers and IT personnel. Assignments are received in the form of broad goals and/or areas of responsibility; incumbents have broad latitude for independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed. Span of control: 0; this is an individual contributor job.
- May lead projects and/or project teams (including assigning work, reviewing progress and evaluating results), mentor, provide guidance and technical direction to less experienced engineering and technical staff, including the provision of input in performance evaluations, but is not responsible for supervising anyone.
- Provides second level engineering support for trouble ticket/problem resolution for security/authentication technologies/infrastructures; provides problem definition and resolution using existing procedures; may develop and enhance security engineering procedures.
- Supports and may lead projects to ensure on-time and in-budget implementation to ensure the achievement of business unit strategic plans.
- May make recommendations regarding capacity planning and development / definition / management of process design standards, new technologies, and techniques for managing security administration / authentication operations.
- Participates in and may lead research of advanced technologies.
- Provides configurations for security administration/authentication infrastructure and provides installation assistance for new applications and business projects to ensure integration into the existing infrastructure; consults with application teams on proper design and use of technologies and tools; provides input on configurations for security administration / authentication infrastructure support.
- Actively seeks continuous improvement opportunities, participates in and may lead continuous improvement initiatives of internal processes, procedures, and standards.
- May interface with vendors and participate in evaluations of external vendor solutions for applicability to business needs; may lead Pilot Technology projects to assess applicability of technologies to the enterprise.
- Remains current with existing technologies relevant to area of responsibility.
- Works as a team member may lead teams; utilizes team building skills on multiple teams and supports multiple internal clients.
- Assists with and participates in formal presentations; develops and delivers informal presentations.
- Provides planning and time estimates for own assignments and assists other team members with planning; creates and maintains project work plans as needed.
- Works reliably and independently; takes ownership of problems in own area of knowledge and expertise for the quality of own work and team output; provides guidance and technical training to less experienced Security Engineering staff and IT personnel.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- High School or GED and 5 years of network engineering experience, inclusive of system administration including installing, configuring, and troubleshooting for access security/authentication technologies/infrastructures
- OR Associate degree in an applicable information technology discipline and 3 years of business unit related experience inclusive of system administration including installing, configuring, and troubleshooting for access security/authentication technologies/infrastructures
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable information technology discipline
- 2+ years Security Risk Management or Vendor Risk Management experience
- CRISC certification a plus
- Cyber Security contract review experience
- Utility industry experience a plus
- Experience with regulatory frameworks (NERC, PCI)
- Security Standards development/management experience
- Experience assessing or securing Operational Technology (OT) equipment
- Experience assessing or security renewable energy technologies
- Background in utilizing NIST Standards (800-53, 800-171, 800-82)
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Address Detroit, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10