When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This role is part of the CIS Public Sector organization and will be responsible for the VBG Security Engineering compliance, solutions, and deployments for high profile Government agencies.
- Define the development of technical solutions that incorporate communications network isolation, domain boundary protections, enhanced cybersecurity capabilities, security monitoring and developing solutions for operational security improvement.
- Devise end to end security designs to meet agency compliance requirements. This includes engineering to support FISMA, the NIST RMF, ISO/IEC/IEEE and agency requirements.
- Establish security boundaries, security domains, trust domains that incorporate the security controls to meet the 16 NIST control families identified in NIST 800-53 rev 5 addressing all technical and program security controls.
- Support risk mitigation for the agency to ensure the appropriate security posture is in place.
- Evolve the environment to a future cyber security technologies to provide enhanced situational awareness for the customer.
- Validate the security designs and solutions in a lab environment. Ensure operations with core components including active directory, PKI certificate authority, key management and other components of the supported architecture.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Experience with direct relevant security design/lab engineering or operational experience.
- Capability to be self-motivated, have excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Technical skills including expert level routing and networking, a strong knowledge of operating systems and an expert understanding of security devices that include FW, IDS, advanced malware, etc.
- Knowledge of security compliance frameworks including CPI 810, NIST 800-53 rev 5, NIST 800-37 rev 2, NIST 800-160 rev 1 and ISO Security Standards.
- Knowledge of securing network and communications platforms to ensure isolation and domain boundary protections.
- Knowledge of developing enhanced security services, security monitoring and security event logging.
- Knowledge of risk management processes and procedures and be able to apply these principles to the security designs that are developed.
- A Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification and relevant Cisco, Splunk, Arcsight, FireEye, A10, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Gigamon, McAfee, Tripwire or other certifications.
- Ability to obtain a Government Suitability clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
- Address Tulsa, OK, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5