About the job
Publicly traded on the NYSE (BLDR), Builders FirstSource is the nation’s premier supplier of building materials and services for professional home builders and remodelers. With 30,000 team members supporting approximately 565 locations in 42 states and a market presence in 85 of the top 100 Metropolitan Statistical Areas, the company has significant geographic diversity and a balanced end market exposure. As a company we are focused on getting things done right and on building a successful future, for customers, vendors and team members. Due to the complexity of the building industry, Builders FirstSource manages a variety of operations with a large selection of career opportunities throughout the country. With long-tenured team members, it is evident that we believe in promoting from within, offer a competitive benefits package and provide job satisfaction across the board. Now is the time to be part of building something truly special. If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BFS is the company for you!
The Associate Engineer, IT is responsible for administering, maintaining, and supporting systems in a scalable, highly available, and resilient enterprise-grade hybrid-cloud infrastructure that includes resources in private datacenters, across multiple cloud platforms, and hosted by a managed service provider.This individual will also be expected to respond to, manage, and maintain high-quality customer service for escalated support tickets, as well as assist engineers and other IT professionals with solution planning, implementation, maintenance, enhancements, and integration for new and existing systems.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs administration and support for Windows, Linux, and Unix servers, including user accounts, file system permissions, maintenance, automation, licensing, and other tasks across multiple platforms in a hybrid-cloud / MSP hosted infrastructure.
- Administers and assists with support for VMware hosts, vCenter servers, datacenter hardware, storage and storage area networks, and other related systems for a multisite on-premises environment.
- Assists with support and administrative tasks for cloud-based systems across multiple providers, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Responsible for managing and supporting data protection backup solutions, with accountability for ensuring critical systems are protected and data is retained according to company polices.
- Provides first response and quality management for escalated Service Desk tickets and collaborates with other IT team members to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Assists with administration and support for internal and external DNS records, Internet domain name functions, such as registration, migration, forwarding, etc., and installation and renewal of SSL certificates.
- Develops, maintains, and organizes documentation around systems, procedures, and processes critical to daily operations and systems design.
- Provides administration and support for other related core infrastructure systems and software, including but not limited to monitoring, management, and building access systems.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Microsoft Windows, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), RedHat Linux, VMware, and / or Unix certifications preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience administering Windows, Linux, Unix, networking, VMware virtualization, and / or cloud-based systems, with implementation and support in a multisite enterprise datacenter and / or cloud environment.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Unix servers, Office 365 products, email, networking and networking protocols across multiple sites, and Active Directory / Azure AD, as well as associated user accounts, file system permissions, licensing, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware virtualization, vCenter management, and associated technologies in a multi-host, multi-datacenter environment.
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise computing technologies (AD, GPOs, VDI, PKI, DFS, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Experience administering and supporting datacenter hardware, including physical hosts, shared storage platforms, storage access networks, UPS systems, management and monitoring tools, etc.
- Experience administering and supporting DNS records, Internet domain names, and SSL certificates.
- Knowledge and experience supporting cloud-based systems, infrastructure, and services in Microsoft Azure and / or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Practical script writing knowledge using any of the following: PowerShell, batch files, bash, cron, python, yaml, etc.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for troubleshooting performance and technical issues.
- Exceptional customer service persona with the capacity to interact with different individuals and teams across the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to create and maintain useful documentation of technical systems and procedures.
- Functional understanding of computer systems, networking protocols, operating systems, cybersecurity practices, and Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Ability to provide technical support outside of regular business hours when necessary and participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call support schedule.
- Ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative for learning new technologies and skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision.
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms and practices for any of the following considered a plus : Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Docker / Kubernetes, containerization, IaaS, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional travel may be required.
In addition to the base wage listed, this position is also eligible to earn an annual bonus subject to changes in plan design and documents and in accordance with applicable law. Eligibility and the amount of the bonus varies based on overall company success, thresholds met and other terms and conditions of the Company’s active bonus policy for the respective year.
Full-Time Team Members are eligible for company benefits, including
- Three Medical plan options
- Dental & Vision
- Critical Care
- Accident & Hospital insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid company holidays
- Company Paid Life & AD&D
- Supplemental Life
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Team Member Assistance Program
All benefits are subject to change pursuant to state and federal guidelines.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address – it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW – English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW – SUPPLEMENT – English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision – English/Spanish
- Address Dallas, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10