Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The world is getting smarter and we need a dynamic Software Solution Engineer to make it a reality. From environmental sensors to broadband Wi-Fi to EV charging and beyond, cities are increasingly turning to the latest technology to better serve, manage and protect their residents. Do you have the ability to design, develop and integrate software and technology to power the smart city of the future?
The Smart Infrastructure Software Solution Engineer works with the Smart Infrastructure team to integrate software solutions for smart applications. Responsibilities include developing, testing, integrating and implementing software solutions to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- This position reports into the Business Development Director and has no initial direct reports or indirect reports
- Member of Global Center of Excellence supporting and delivering solutions to our global regions
- This role requires up to (15%) travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Flexible schedule however must be able to work in the office or technical lab environment 4 days per week
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Work closely with global 3rd party and internal technical teams to develop end user and internal software and application solutions.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Work with various software platforms to provide a cohesive, customer-facing data delivery
- Assist other technical team members in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team and end users
- Support end users on the use and management of data platforms, dashboards and portals
- Establish a framework for necessary contributions from various departments and facilitate their collaboration
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve
- Analyze current technologies utilized outside the company to determine if there is a strategic and functional fit
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates in relation to customer experience
- Work alongside product and project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges
- Develop and deploy asset management software solution for field applications
- Develop and deploy asset commissioning tools for field applications
- Work with corporate IT on data privacy and cyber security platforms conforming to international standards such as GDPR
- Manage communication platforms for interoperability between various hardware and software
- Train and support project manager and field support personnel
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Project development and leadership skill are preferred
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge and understanding of data security practices and solutions
- Ability to develop solutions that meet various international privacy regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
- Up to date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with various operating systems
- Professional work experience in analyzing computer hardware and software
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
Prior experience working for a smart city consultant, OEM manufacturer or consulting engineering firm.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting and includes an electronic lab. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various electronic hardware and files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Job ID : R13084
- Address Omaha, NE, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5