We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Salesforce.com (SFDC) Consultant. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
The IT Business Consultant, Salesforce will serve as the IT liaison to the business and is responsible for the gathering, review, analysis, and evaluation of business systems, business requirements and user needs for the Valvoline Salesforce.com platform and solutions. The role is responsible for consulting and training Salesforce best practices to the business using case scenarios and practical experience in relation to their business processes. The role is responsible for the day-to-day support and execution of complex, multi-disciplined Salesforce projects by functioning as the intermediary between the business stakeholders, IT and 3rd party vendors using a deep understanding of business processes and Salesforce technology to ensure desired business objectives and outcomes are achieved. The role is also responsible for performing end-to-end cross-discipline leadership throughout the software development lifecycle to ensure the efficient configuration, development and deployment of solutions occur. The role is also responsible for performing end-to-end cross-discipline leadership throughout the software development lifecycle to ensure the efficient configuration, development and deployment of solutions occur. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business partners across Sales, Marketing, Operations, and the ecosystem of technology that we use and support to define and manage scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities. Following agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements which includes conducting discovery workshops, preparing business process documentation, process flow analysis, configuration workbook, data modeling and detailed functional design and use cases.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to execute and deliver medium-to large sized, OpEx and CapEx Salesforce projects and initiatives. Monitoring and reviewing project progress and timelines, adjusting schedules and plans as needed. Identifying and resolving issues to ensure project success. Maintaining and coordinating communication with stakeholders throughout the project. Coordinating the planning and preparation for Go-Live and post Go-Live support. May lead a team to deliver small projects or act as the Salesforce lead for a segment of a larger project.
- Helping guide business to improve business processes and efficiency in Salesforce. Identifying potential issues and advise on solutions before they become a problem. Investigating operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of technology-enabled improvements/redesign in automated and non-automated components of new or changed Salesforce solutions and processes. Directing what metrics should be tracked and regularly evaluated, and use that information to make actionable recommendations. Supporting testing cycles (UAT, regression, system) and/or Training/Training Materials.
- Ensuring daily operations remain stable by providing Tier 3 technical support for the Valvoline Salesforce.com platform and solutions by working directly with users to identify, research, troubleshoot and resolve issues, which may require interaction with other internal IT teams, managed service provider(s) and vendors to resolve. This includes monitoring Service Now queue for assigned incidents and ensuring they are addressed per defined service level agreements.
- Undertaking analytical activities of end-to-end business processes and existing Salesforce solutions to deliver analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to established Salesforce standards. Facilitating solutions and advocating on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure that proposed solutions meet the business requirements and provide a positive user experience. Completing all process mapping. Developing, documenting, and maintaing a thorough repository and understanding of business rules and process flows.
- Providing guidance on the design of solutions on the Salesforce platform applying established standards, best practices, patterns and tools. Providing insight on customization and 3rd party applications to incorporate in the solution. Documenting the solution for approval by specifying user and/or system interfaces and by creating multiple design views to address stakeholder concerns and to handle separately functional and non-functional requirements. Assisting in the evaluation of options and trade-offs by conducting solution playbacks and collaborating in reviews of work with others as appropriate to gain approval of solutions.
- Assisting with the development of solutions on the Salesforce platform by providing hands on configuration, administration, point and click development, and Salesforce App Builder deliverables and by providing insight and requirements to the Salesforce development team to help ensure code coverage does not fall below the Salesforce and BMI thresholds. Validating release information and help coordinate deployments for the Salesforce team.
- Following Corporate and IT policies and procedures. Working with IT security to align with all best practices, compliance with industry standards/applicable certifications and provide quality and efficient end-to-end solution for implementing and governing security related to profiles, permissions sets, roles, sharing settings and logic access policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or higher) in an IT-related field
- Minimum 8+ years of experience applying information technology solutions in a manufacturing or retail industry.
- Minimum 8+ years of Business Analysis experience, including Requirements Gathering
- Minimum 5+ years of Salesforce Business Analysis experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of Salesforce Administrator experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Salesforce Sales, Service, Marketing, and/or CPQ Clouds
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Salesforce Community, Einstein Analytics, and Deployment/Release Management Tool
- Minimum 8+ years of Project Management experience is preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of experience implementing CRM solutions from start to finish, including the creation of business requirements and other formal documentation, is preferred
- Advanced level writing skills
- Able to produce high quality, detailed and thorough analysis documentation to present information effectively and clearly to stakeholders
- Working knowledge of lucid charts or similar process documentation software
- Proficient in writing detailed solid business requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of implementation and configuration of enterprise systems such as CRM or ERP
- Basic grasp of Salesforce essentials, e.g., products, opportunities, leads, reporting, security/sharing, automation (workflow rules, process builder), and importing data (typically from spreadsheets)
- Demonstrates the ability to perform Salesforce.com administration/configuration / data migration duties as directed
- Limited experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce products
- Experience with and understanding of the Salesforce platform, including its capabilities and limitations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce capabilities/potential to provide solutions to business problems
- Solid functional and/or industry knowledge, as well as Salesforce products such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud
- Ability to keep up with Salesforce platform changes
- BUSINESS ANALYSIS
- Ability to assist in process documentation and requirements gathering.
- Intermediate requirements and design documentation skills are a must.
- Capable of effectively communicating the functional requirements to technical stakeholders as well as to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills – including requirements analysis, test planning, execution, and problem-solving.
- Strong analysis, including a thorough understanding of interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience with business analysis methods, tools, and techniques.
- Experience with requirements definition and management policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Experience documenting processes and translating to high-level technical requirements.
- Experienced with Business Requirements planning, gathering, and documentation in the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrates deep subject matter expertise in the jobs of the business users in scope
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Advanced project management and organization skills to keep projects on track and moving toward the end business goal
- Proficient project management skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously; workload will be a blend of small, medium, and large implementation projects; be part of the project team; workload will be small projects.
- Familiarity with Software Development / Project Management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.).
- Working knowledge of smart sheets or other project management software
- Experienced with Business Requirements planning, gathering, and documentation in the software development lifecycle
SHOULD ALSO HAVE AT LEAST A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF THESE SALESFORCE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Data management
- Reports and dashboards
- Sales and marketing
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART:
- Technical background/degree program
- Minimum 2+ years of Project Management experience
- Minimum 3+ years as Salesforce Administrator or Salesforce App Builder
- Minimum 2+ years of experience implementing CRM solutions from start to finish, including the creation of business requirements and other formal documentation
- Exposure to global operations and downstream business impacts
Must be willing to be available for evening and weekend work where escalations, projects, or other management initiatives dictate
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
BENEFITS THAT DRIVE THEMSELVES
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on the position.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: 31343
- Address USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 20+