About the job
Carlyle’s Global Technology & Solutions (GTS) department is looking for an experienced professional to lead IT End User Operations in our New York office. The IT End User Operations Lead brings Carlyle’s customer-centric approach to managing daily IT operations and technical support, as well as building relationships with internal business partners, providing VIP support for C-Level executives, and interfacing with Carlyle leaders on special project work. The leader defines and tracks key performance indicators, owns the delivery of service level agreements, and drives process standardization. The position has direct management responsibility for the End-User Support Team who work alongside vendors to deliver superior technology paired with world-class customer service.
This leader will have deep technical expertise and be extremely customer-focused and metrics-driven. They should have broad technical knowledge across infrastructure, operations, and IT security, as well as experience leading support teams at global organizations. The ideal candidate is also an excellent communicator that finds innovative ways to improve the customer experience, while proactively identifying and implementing technology solutions to address key business needs. Through a combination of deep technical skills and business acumen, the IT End User Operations Lead will earn the trust of key stakeholders to serve as a business partner, influencer, and problem solver.
Some after-hours work is required when needed by the business.
People Management/Team development (25%)
- Manage & develop in-house IT employees to maintain the smooth running of the New York office IT operations covering hardware/software/polices and end user support.
- Provide management and direction to Service Desk team to improve customer satisfaction through delivery of high quality, responsive support.
SLA Management / Customer Service (25%)
- Ensure support tickets are closed in a manner consistent with department SLAs.
- Providing high quality PC hardware and software configuration and problem resolution support
- Implement industry best practices and SLAs for departmental support and service functions.
- Hire and manage IT contractors to ensure SLAs are achieved and regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Negotiate vendor support contracts and associated SLAs to assist with support of ongoing operations.
- Work with global IT management in order to define regional priorities and global project deployment plans.
- Provide reporting via ServiceNow as required
- Assist and drive in Customer service strategic discussions and initiatives
Vendor Management (10%)
- Manage IT contractors hired to maintain or extend regional IT systems to ensure vendor compliance with contract terms and SLAs
- Negotiate vendor support contracts and associated SLAs
Project Management (10%)
- Provide technical and project management support for the implementation of global Carlyle IT strategies and systems deployment plans
- Facilitate the tracking and execution of remote office adds, moves or change operations
Operational Process management (10%)
- Contribute to the development of company-wide IT policies and procedures and strategies through feedback obtained from regional business teams
- Define and develop regional policies and procedures that ensure the successful operation of the IT infrastructure
- Drive ITIL best practices throughout the team
Communications Management (10%)
- Manage proactive communication pathways between IT and the regional business teams
- Liaise with business leaders in order to ensure that the regional department remains aligned with their business requirements
- Provide recommendations on the IT infrastructure in order to increase efficiency, reliability and customer satisfaction within the region.
- Work with global IT management in order to define regional priorities and global project deployment plans
Education & Certificates
- BA or BS degree in Information Systems or equivalent, required
- Relevant Project Management fundamental coursework
- ITIL certification preferred
- Microsoft certification preferred
- Minimum of Seven to ten years of progressive experience supporting, managing, and implementing evaluating information technologies and business systems, required
- Five to seven years of personnel management experience
- Five to seven years of project management experience
- Experience supporting users on a Microsoft Windows based network environment
- Experience in VIP/ white glove support and leading such teams
- Proven experience working in ITIL environments using ServiceNow
- Experience in IT hardware inventory management
- Strong proactive, customer-service orientation with a proven track record and demonstrated high level of initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to actively engage with office staff at a variety of levels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- English language fluency required
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and respond efficiently to changing priorities
Competencies & Attributes
- Advanced technical troubleshooting and remediation expertise
- Proven experience installing and troubleshooting network and PC hardware and software in a Windows network environment with Exchange Online and MS Office suite
- Strong experience with imaging software and patch management
- Strong experience in the use of ServiceNow for incident, problem, change, knowledge management
- Strong experience in the user of ServiceNow for establishing and measuring KPIs and SLA driven metrics
- Strong experience with collaboration technologies such as Zoom, Teams
- Strong experience supporting SaaS and other cloud technologies (cloud VDI)
- Strong experience with endpoint (laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile phones) optimization practices
- Strong experience supporting endpoint security technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco and Server/VM related technologies
- Working knowledge of enterprising networking
- Office 365 and Active Directory administrative experience
- IOS/ Android administration experience
- Proven ability to complete tasks independently and under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- PowerShell and automation experience a plus
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $301 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 456 investment vehicles as of December 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle’s purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments – Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions – and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20