About the job
A five-time winner of the Microsoft Partner of the Year award, AvePoint provides the most advanced platform for SaaS and data management to optimize SaaS operations and secure collaboration. More than 9 million cloud users rely on our solutions to secure digital collaboration data, sustain connections between people and ensure business resiliency in the modern digital workplace.
At AvePoint, we are committed to investing in our people. Agility, passion and teamwork set us up to do our best work and foster a culture where you are empowered to craft your career, make an impact, and own (y)our future. Unleash the power of you!
About The Position
As an IT Admin, you’ll be part of our IT team located in Jersey City, NJ office, helping support those team members independently, while also collaborating with the team on a regional and global level for other various IT projects. You’ll investigate and diagnose network and VM problems, collect IT usage data, make recommendations for improving our company‘s IT systems, and carry out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions. This role is for someone who enjoys helping employees with a variety of IT requests, such as setting up network devices, virtual machines, new users, resolving common software and hardware issues, ensuring security and authentication issues to any systems that may arise as well as being involved in various IT audits like SOX and ISO.
Specific Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Monitoring and maintaining network infrastructure and server performance, reliability, and redundancy
- Maintaining network and application security on all desktops, servers, and network appliances
- Maintaining the patching schedule and process for server VMs
- Assist the maintenance of AD, AAD, Intune
- Troubleshoot firewall, switch for VLAN segmentation issues.
- Providing top-tier support for local and global offices regarding on-prem and cloud Azure and Office 365 services
- Participating in SOX and ISO audits, helping to collect evidence and to enforce workflows
- Scripting to automate recurring tasks to increase operation efficiency where possible
- Assisting in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, software applications, and new office spaces
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring procedures for all server backups and methods to ensure continuity
- Monitoring plans, and coordinating the distribution of client/server software and service packs
- Managing Virtual Machines or cloud resources efficiently to ensure proper resource usage
- Creating and maintaining excellent technical documentation
- Providing emergency on-call support and urgent duties during off-hours
A major portion of this role will be related to IT security, for example:
- Review company security processes and perform internal security audit
- Review and update security policy and procedure documents
- Respond to customer security RFP and RFI
- Review internal system and products, identify security weakness and provide recommendations.
- Perform technical analysis for security incidents, as well as remediation solutions for Antivirus, applications and devices.
- Coordinate certification and external pen testing efforts
What You Will Bring To Our Team
- As an IT Admin, you’ll need to be proficient in the various aspects of Information Technology and passionate about learning and staying current on technology trends. You’re an adaptive problem solver who can help where needed and swing into action to help resolve any technical issues that may arise.
Other qualities you’ll need to be a fit for this role include:
- 3+ years of experience in IT support and administration, experience with Azure preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT-related degree
- Professional confidence and excellent communications skills
- Good knowledge of IT operating systems, especially Windows and Linux
- Hands on experience installing IT hardware and software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills and the ability to stay calm and methodical under pressure
- Experience drafting and documenting technical procedures and protocols for end users
- Off-hour support up to 10% of total work hours and occasional regional/global travel as needed
AvePoint is proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences and identities. We believe that diversity and inclusion drives our success and is at the core of how we hire, communicate and collaborate to deliver value and excellence. We are committed to fostering an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel a sense of belonging, and we continue to work toward creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities.
- Address Richmond, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5