About the job
At Cheniere, we provide the world with safe, reliable energy in the form of LNG. But more than that, we provide opportunities for our employees to make an impact on their local communities every day. Our diversity is key to our continued success and forges a path where our culture supports greater equity and inclusion for our employees, customers and beyond.
The Systems Administrator reports to the IT Technical Services Manager and with general guidance is responsible for the administration, implementation, support, and management of a wide range of IT infrastructure systems; provides technical direction in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. A focus of Cybersecurity will be needed in this position to work closely with IT Security.
Responsibilities And Essential Duties
- Stay abreast of the cybersecurity landscape, recent hacks, and emerging trends.
- Strategic patching, vulnerability management, mitigation strategies.
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of security related incidents.
- Coordinate environment patching and system remediation.
- Interface with customers, peers, and managers to evaluate and understand business needs.
- Knowledge of SCCM in patch remediation, configuration management and software deployments.
- Ensure that records of systems and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Participate in projects to implement applications to the server infrastructure in support of a business need or a business solution to ensure operational reliability.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of critical system resources.
- Develop and coordinate project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations.
- Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and configure systems to be consistent with policies/procedures.
Knowledge And Skills
Windows system administration, Cyber Security, Linux system administration, Enterprise backups, Enterprise replication technologies, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity architecture and deployment, Effective project management techniques. Knowledge in vulnerability / threat management and remediation.
- Exceptional communication skills must have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization and with individuals from diverse disciplines and levels of technical expertise.
- Detail oriented and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills to support all personnel.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively others and lead projects to a successful end.
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills, technology, situations, and/or conditions.
- Ability to function professionally and effectively in a high-pressure environment.
Education And Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a related discipline or equivalent training and experience.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years relevant Systems Administrator experience including complex systems design, programming and systems software and support. Must have experience in the design, planning, and implementation of reliable enterprise level systems.
Additional Experience And/or Knowledge Of
- Tenable SIEM
- Splunk Enterprise Security Log Management
- Cyber Security best practices
- IT Threat / Vulnerability Management of IT systems
- Windows Server 2022, 2019, and 2016 Operating Systems
- Oracle Linux, Red Hat Linux 8.x, 7.x, 5.x operating systems
- Windows server technologies: SCCM, SCOM, WSUS, IIS, File and Print, DFS-R
- Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, WINS, DHCP, GPO
- Office 365, Azure
- VMware 7.x, 8.x
- PowerShell, bash
- Backup and replication technologies: Exagrid, Veeam, Zerto, vSphere Replication
FREEDOM TO ACT
This position does not require supervision over other personnel; must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is also dependent on input from others.
- Often exposed to stressful situations.
- Subject drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations.
- Occasional travel required to support remote office locations.
- Ability to work outside normal workdays and standard office hours.
- Required to maintain TWIC Card.
- Participate in IT Infrastructure on-call rotation.
Ada Job Requirements
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cheniere Energy is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5