About the job
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Performs professional Information Technology auditing work of low to moderate complexity. Work involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under general supervision with some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs risk based audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Identifies, develops, and documents (using electronic workpapers) audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Actively contributes to continuous improvement of audit tools & techniques consistent with world class internal audit functions
- Performs related work as assigned by IT Audit Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (computer science, information systems, accounting or related financial discipline preferred)
- 0 – 2 years Internal Audit and/or practical experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply internal auditing and technology principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Basic understanding of general system controls (e.g., change management, information security, business continuity planning, system development lifecycle)
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Awareness of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws
- Ability in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
- Ability to negotiate issues and resolve problems.
- Considerable skill in using Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, and Excel. Ability to use automated audit tools as utilized by IAD is a plus
- Ability to develop effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- Up to 25% travel required
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.
- Address Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5