About the job
Cracker Barrel is seeking a Developer to join our Digital Development team at the Home Office. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of all existing Cracker Barrel web properties including brand, online ordering, and employee sites and serve as the technical thought leader for our next generation of digital experiences.
- Design, develop, implementation, and maintain new and existing features for our existing brand, ecommerce, online food ordering, and employee sites.
- Responsible for transforming website design into functionality; tests and maintains website layout and other components to enhance user-experience.
- Ensure that solutions designed and developed by the team are secure, scalable, cost-effective, and compliant with applicable standards including PCI, WCAG, PII, and CCPA.
- Ensures the proper integration of web servers and related supporting systems. Understands and follows through with business requirements during all phases of development.
- Automate testing of digital solutions to ensure high quality Digital experiences reach Guests and Employees.
- Establish the creation of the Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines for the Digital work streams.
- Participate in all phases of SDLC including design, development, testing, documentation, and support.
- Foster a culture of innovation by evaluating new technologies and ways of working and evangelizing to the broader technology community.
- Proven experience building and operating responsive commercial websites involving some form of customer commerce.
- Experienced building responsive websites leveraging common front-end development frameworks such as React, JSS, Node.js (npm, Webpack) or similar.
- Experienced working with Microsoft .NET, Entity Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, and Redis.
- Strong background with unit testing and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Deep hands-on knowledge with Sitecore offerings including Experience Platform (XP CMS) and Experience Database (XDB) used with either Experience Commerce or comparable E-Commerce platforms.
- Well-versed in key Sitecore concepts including Sitecore MVC, Custom Pipelines, Headless CMS, and Helix Architecture.
- Demonstrated implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in a Sitecore environment ideally following Helix principles.
- Knowledge of configuring and operating Sitecore in public cloud environments like Microsoft Azure PaaS.
- Working with Azure Portal and Azure DevOps Services, App Center.
- Experience with version control tools like Git, Bitbucket, GitLab, GitHub or Azure Repositories.
- Experience with project management tools like Jira, Confluence or SharePoint.
- Skilled in Agile Methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, etc…
- Preferred experience in security and compliance practices including PCI, WCAG, PII and other privacy compliance.
- Restaurant or retail experience preferred.
Education & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience developing responsive commercial websites
- Preferred Sitecore experience
NOTE: Racism, either overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good about those things. While our décor and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.
- Address Lebanon, TN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5