Do you enjoy solving puzzles or working to find solutions to complex problems? Are you a self-motivated individual with an interest in making a difference? If so, then you should join the Information Assurance Team. This position will administer tools and processes designed to identify patterns of user activities and behaviors that are abnormal, along with investigating and remediating these anomalies. As a member of the Information Assurance team, you will have the opportunity to grow your Cyber Security knowledge while using your current skills to improve the overall Cyber Security posture of Union Pacific. Team members will use industry-standard products to identify, track and remediate movement and use of sensitive information in UP’s electronic environment. The position is also engaged in consultation with other IT and business teams to identify and integrate security solutions across the business. The mission of the Information Assurance group is to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Union Pacific’s computing resources, as well as, providing a reliable and scalable security infrastructure. Team members are given the autonomy to explore new and creative solutions to securing the information technology landscape of Union Pacific.
- Administer and support the Company’s Governance, Risk and Compliance toolset
- Support internal customer’s use and implementation of proxy technologies
- Sustain and improve processes to identify, evaluate, and protect sensitive data in the environment
- Correlate and analyze large amounts of data from multiple systems to identify user behavior patterns
- Provide guidance and support for the overall data protection program
- Consult with other business and IT teams on Cyber Security best practices and secure system implementations
- A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in this field
- Experience reviewing raw log files, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewalls, network flow, IDS, system logs)
- Experience identifying vulnerabilities or areas of weakness which pose a threat and developing security controls to detect or prevent exploitation
- demonstrated understanding of IT Policy and Compliance frameworks
- prior experience creating scripts to analyze data and automate processes
- 5 years experience in Information Assurance or a Bachelor Degree with an emphasis in Information Assurance
- recent experience implementing and administering proxy technologies
- demonstrated understanding of control objectives, cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- 18 years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
COVID-19: Union Pacific will comply with all federal executive orders requiring employees to be fully vaccinated or request a medical or religious accommodations. The vaccine requirement is currently suspended pending legal action. Union Pacific will update applicants and employees with any further information.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation: Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer here. Union Pacific is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce where equal employment opportunities are available without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or genetic information. Union Pacific strictly prohibits any discrimination or harassment based on protected status. Union Pacific is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment of individuals with disabilities. To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please use this link here to submit a request.
- Address Omaha, NE, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10