About the job
Provides implementation, operational and technical support for all Bryan Health devices used by physicians, employees and contractors. Provides technical leadership, guidance, and support to users and/or other technical staff on a wide variety of comprehensive and complex hardware and software issues. Works closely with the System Administrators, System Programmers and Lan\Wan to provide oversight and implementation for security patching and updating, setting security controls and monitoring the workstations and peripherals installed on the Bryan network environment. Includes installation and configuration, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, testing and upgrading computer hardware, software, printers and peripherals in a varied network environment. Provides initial training and ongoing technical assistance to users on system setups or modifications. Works closely with Service Desk personnel on problem resolution and follow-up.
- *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- *Builds, tests, images, configures and installs desktop, virtual and software systems. Assists in managing the virtual desktops, Citrix environments, and Epic Secure kiosk for thin clients.
- *Installs, configures, and tests full workstations, thin clients, audio & video equipment, display and status boards, and TVs.
- *Installs, configures and tests software for mobile devises such as laptops, iPads and iPhones, Surface, Rover, Lawson handhelds, Android phones and tablets.
- *Installs, configures and tests peripherals such as 2D scanners, armband printers, teleconferencing equipment, cameras, cash registers, credit card readers, dictation mics, dockings stations, document scanners, fast tap devices, finger print readers, Rover printers, label printers, monitors, palm scanners, signature pads, speakers, specimen printers, telecommunication pcp-stethocope, Wows, etc.
- *Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs a variety of technical, security and network related issues (TCPIP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VOIP, AD, firewall services).
- *Provides end-point security through identifying risks and helping recommend and manage mitigating solutions, such as for virus protection and security vulnerabilities. Maintains current knowledge for remediation of continually changing vulnerabilities to the network environment.
- *Develops and maintains device and software inventories, including establishing and closely following deployment and maintenance steps.
- *Assists network personnel with connectivity issues, access rights, software configuration, printer setups and testing to ensure network access and functionality.
- *Develops documentation for user instruction when appropriate; instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- *Answers user’s inquiries in person, via telephone or remotely concerning systems operation; diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems; corrects problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- *Contacts vendors as needed to assist with evaluation, installation, maintenance and problem resolution for vendor hardware and software as relates to the devices on the Bryan environment.
- *Resolves Service Desk call tickets and/or updates call status in the ticket tracking system in a timely manner.
- Researches and recommends software and hardware solutions in order to resolve customer problems or meet customer requirements; installs and tests proposed PC software/hardware; provides feedback on test results.
- Participates in departmental quality processes; may facilitate teams as assigned.
- Enters restricted access areas, without supervision, to perform assigned work.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
Education And Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study preferred. Minimum of two (2) years experience in PC support activities required. Prior computer support experience in a hospital environment desired.
- Address Kearney, NE, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5