About the job
Johnson & Johnson, Robotics and Digital Solutions (RAD) group is recruiting for a Software Engineer, Security located in Santa Clara, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopaedics, endoluminal intervention and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH® platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Johnson & Johnson is seeking a highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and is passionate about product security for sophisticated and complex robotic systems.
This position places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to aid in the development of security designs, contribute to their implementation, and perform risk assessment. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team, and a desire to thrive in a very fast paced environment. You are expected to demonstrate security knowledge, be able to resolve approaches to difficult security problems with team assistance, have communication capabilities necessary to interact broadly across engineering teams, and manage your projects with minimal assistance.
- Aid in design and perform implementation of platform, network, and infrastructure product security.
- Contribute to Security Risk Assessments from an engineering perspective.
- Use Vulnerability Scanning Tools to identify security defects and determine remediation strategy.
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data.
- Implement secure coding practices based on standards, for example SEI CERT.
- Participate in code analysis and reviews in order to identify vulnerabilities.
- Participate in architecture and design discussion and evaluate decisions from a security perspective.
- Perform the above responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- A minimum of a BS in Computer Science or related degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience is required.
- Familiarity with Vulnerability Scanning Tools (Coverity, Black Duck, or others is required.
- Experience with firewall applications (nftables or others) is required.
- Familiarity with scripting (Python) is required.
- Familiarity with C/C++ from a secure coding perspective is required.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, SSL/TLS, and HTTP is required.
- Familiarity with Linux OS security configuration and implementation is required.
- Experience with container security and container orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes or similar) is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud Security is preferred.
- Experience with DevOps is preferred.
- Experience with QNX is preferred.
- Experience with Trusted Platform Module 2.0 is preferred.
- Proficient development skills, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies, CI/CD and Git preferred.
- Experience in Medical Devices or another regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience in integration of disparate security technologies is preferred.
- Experience with network switching and routing is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows OS security configuration and implementation is preferred.
- This position is located in Santa Clara, CA.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Verb Surgical Inc. (6270)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Address Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors