Together We Change. Together we Lead.
Passionate about Threat Intelligence and have 8 plus years of IT experience, with at least 6 years in an information security role and relevant experience with Threat Hunting and Intelligence? If so, we want to speak with you!
At Altria, we’re in an exciting new phase of digital regeneration, and we’re seeking a Sr. Threat and Intelligence Lead to help us reach our goals. As part of the Threat Detection and Response Group (TDR), the role will improve policy, process, technology, and Managed Service Provider governance. Leading the maturation of Altria’s Threat Intelligence program, by providing strategic direction to enhance our existing capabilities and drive the development of expanded capabilities. You will improve detection capabilities and defensive techniques and be a respected authority in threats and attack trends, communicating your findings with technical and non-technical business partners alike. We are open to remote work arrangements.
Altria’s digital evolution
We are undergoing an exciting transformation at Altria. Led by our new Chief Digital & Technology officer, we’re streamlining processes, improving customer experience, and using cutting-edge intelligence to forecast and respond to trends. Our digital strategy will improve experiences from product development to market. And as a leader in Threat Intelligence, your role will be essential to successfully detecting and deflecting threats as we achieve these goals.
What you will be doing:
- Optimizing the fusion of existing threat intelligence data sources while operationalizing new sources of intelligence, ensuring accurate and timely information is obtained for threat assessment.
- Continuously analyzing threat intelligence information to identify and track threats to Altria based on Altria’s environment, business partner relationships and industry information to identify the most valuable countermeasures to protect against a possible attack.
- Proactively identifying and tracking new tactics and techniques in order to enhance the cyber defense environment. Advising on countermeasures and defensive techniques based on intelligence gathered.
- Using domain expertise, threat intelligence sources, log sources and other security information to design, maintain, and implement cyber threat hunting initiatives using the MITRE ATT&CK framework and hypothesis driven approach.
- Actively hunting for Indicators of Compromise (IOC) and APT Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) across the enterprise on premise and cloud environments.
- Providing tactical threat intelligence support to security operations, incident response, and vulnerability management teams in advance of and during cybersecurity incidents.
- Proactively finding opportunities and driving improvements to intelligence, prevention, detection, analysis and response capabilities based on threat intelligence analysis and risk to the organization. Collaborating with the Threat Detection and Response program leads to action recommendations.
- Monitoring and reporting on the changing threat landscape and impacts to Altria; delivering effective, timely, and succinct communication of important topics, risks, and issues to relevant business partners.
- Leading the creation of metric based reporting to aid in identification of risks to Altria in support of continuous risk reduction.
- Providing ongoing governance over Managed Service Providers, ensuring a metric driven approach to reporting to drive risk reduction and service delivery improvements.
We want you to have:
- 8+ years IT experience with at least 6 years in an information security role and related experience with Threat Hunting and Intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience working with the intelligence cycle and implementing intelligence programs for enterprise-size organizations
- Knowledge of threat intelligence methods, standards, processes, and industry standard intelligence life-cycle approach.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience with the MITRE ATT&CK framework and using it to perform threat and risk modeling and improving detection capabilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high-performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork.
- Strong facilitation skills and a clear ability to build strong relationships with business partners including executive managers, and senior management.
- BS in Cyber Security, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science.
- Prior background in domestic or foreign government intelligence community or relevant military or law enforcement
- Experience working in an Azure cloud environment including security solutions such as Sentinel and integrated QRadar.
- Experience with SOAR concepts, implementation, and execution.
- Security certifications desired: OSCP, CISSP, GCTI, GCFA, CEH, GCIH or related.
Alongside the opportunity to develop and refine your skills, you’ll receive an excellent compensation package. Benefits include: a competitive base salary; comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance; participation in our deferred profit-sharing scheme; incentive compensation programs; and a relocation assistance package.
Altria has a leading portfolio of tobacco products for U.S. tobacco consumers age 21+. Altria’s Vision through 2030 is to responsibly lead the transition of adult smokers to a non-combustible future. Altria is Moving Beyond Smoking™, leading the way in moving adult smokers away from cigarettes by taking action to transition millions to potentially less harmful choices – believing it is a substantial opportunity for adult tobacco consumers, Altria’s businesses and society. Altria’s wholly owned subsidiaries include the most profitable tobacco companies in their categories: Philip Morris USA Inc. (PM USA), U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC), and John Middleton Co. (Middleton). Altria’s smoke-free portfolio includes Helix Innovations LLC (Helix), the maker of on! oral nicotine pouches, exclusive U.S. commercialization rights to the IQOS Tobacco Heating System®* and Marlboro HeatSticks®*, and an equity investment in JUUL Labs, Inc. (JUUL). Altria also owns equity investments in Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (ABI), the world’s largest brewer, and Cronos Group Inc. (Cronos), a leading Canadian cannabinoid company. At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other’s unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about Altria at www.altria.com and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. *IQOS Devices and HeatSticks® are currently unavailable for sale in the United States.