About the job
**This position can be located in Franksville, Wisconsin or Maple Grove, Minnesota**
AIS is a leading production fastener company in the Midwest, providing MSC a solid growth platform for expansion in the OEM fasteners market and complements our fastener and VMI solutions, as well as our core metalworking and MRO business. Come join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :10586
Employment Type :Full Time
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY: AIS is dedicated to developing real production fastener solutions for our customers by supporting them with custom engineering, valuable product insight, and a global portfolio of suppliers. We are seeking an Systems Analyst with excellent teamwork, technical, and communication skills. The Systems Analyst will work in conjunction with the IT Applications Portfolio Manager and Head of Finance to manage and enhance the business software systems and supporting the business end-user. Our teams are committed to continuous improvement and bringing new and innovative solutions in order to serve our customers. It is important our Associates have an inquisitive mindset that embraces change with the strong desire to help others.
DUTIES And RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with AIS’s Parent Corporate IT on maintaining and updating hardware and security in shared environment.*
- Working closely with IT Application Portfolio Manager to provide business with needed software solutions.*
- Training users on how to appropriately utilize their computer systems, including how to integrate between systems.*
- Provide business with needed information from databases by creating refreshable queries and portals.*
- Brainstorming new ways to add more functionality to systems.*
- Writing instruction manuals for systems.
- Consulting with managers to determine what role the systems play in the business.
- Testing the systems on a regular basis to ensure quality and function.
- Assisting with choosing and configuring the hardware and software of a system.
EDUCATION And EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- 4-6 years experience working with information technologies and systems analysis.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices.
- Proficient in database management principles and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange.
- Working experience with Epicor Profit 21 is preferred, but not required
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Track record of defining and analyzing problems, collecting data, establishing facts, drawing valid conclusions, and making recommendations.
- Developing creative and innovative system solutions.
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with many business functions across the organization.
- Flexible working hours.
- Occasion travel (less than 10%) required.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family’s health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
- Salary Offer $62,403/yr - $124,464/yr
- Address Franksville, WI, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10