Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversee, monitor, maintain and support IT services to end-users. Manage technologies, processes and controls that maintain and elevate standards and security of IT services. Serve as the point of escalation and technical resource on issues and projects with both Infrastructure Services and Application & Data Services.
End User Support
- Analyze, assess and respond to requests for assistance. Escalate problems and requests as appropriate.
- Support the use of operating systems and desktop software applications. Maintain and enforce software policies and standards.
- Deploy and support hardware including desktops/laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and conference room technologies. Maintain and enforce hardware policies and standards.
- Provision and manage access through Active Directory and Security Manager. Maintain and enforce directory policies and standards.
- Deploy and support corporate applications, systems and services.
- Serve as the point of technical escalation on issues and their resolution for other team members, Infrastructure Services and Application & Data Services.
- Manage desktop software standards and configurations.
- Manage packages and the deployment platform for all desktop software.
- Manage the patch and compliance process for all desktop software. Partner with IS Security team on reporting, analysis and ongoing improvements.
- Manage process, service and technology improvement initiatives.
- Partner with Infrastructure Services and Application & Data Services on upgrades, deployments and implementations. Serve as an onsite technical resource.
- Utilize Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), InTune and other technologies to develop and provision services.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with policies and control requirements.
- Conduct research on new technologies or products.
- Recommend purchases based on an assessment of user requirements.
- Conduct one-on-one instruction.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational certification required.
- A minimum of 5 years desktop support experience in a Microsoft environment.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft technologies used for management, access and software deployments including Active Directory, System Management System, Intune and System Center Configuration Manager.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of desktop security protections, group policies and patching solutions.
- Understand networking concepts and possess a basic working knowledge of switches and routers.
- Proven ability to provide support for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Proven ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to demonstrate multi-task management skills.
- Ability to partner on and/or self-manage projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to and proficiency in customer service culture. Exhibits and champions excellence in work habits and a willingness to embrace change.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, independently, and as part of a team is essential.
- Be detail-oriented and methodical in solving problems and managing multiple projects.
- Possess an aptitude toward learning technical concepts. Be results-oriented and a quick learner in supporting new products and technologies.
- Be able to travel and to work flexible schedules outside normal business hours when required.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as answering the phone and operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a photocopier and a fax machine.
- Involves work of a general nature related to computer repair.
- Involves movement between departments and sometimes office building floors to facilitate work.
- Involves lifting of computers & monitors up to 50 pounds.
Internal and External Contacts:
This position regularly interacts in both verbal and written form with employees, vendors and contractors of Boston Properties. This position may also interface with external vendors.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Regional IT Services who provides supervision and guidance, and coordinates, evaluates, and monitors work performance on a periodic basis.
As a federal contractor and in observance of our company’s vaccination policy, Boston Properties is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, therefore, all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine can request an exemption from the vaccination requirement.
- Address Washington, DC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10