Brinks Home™ is a leader in the smart home and residential security industries. Our teams are committed to working together to provide a best-in-class experience for each other, and for the more than 1 million people we protect in the continental U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
We are currently seeking a determined and dynamic Security Operations Analyst.
As an Security Operations Analyst, a typical day may include:
The Security Operations Analyst is part of the Cybersecurity team at Brink’s Home Security and is responsible for identifying and assessing cybersecurity events for the protection of critical network infrastructure and systems across the enterprise. The analyst also part of the incident response team and leads threat hunting activities when needed to contest malicious actors and disrupt the effects they wish to achieve. The analyst will work amongst other skilled professionals to continually address new challenges and grow our monitoring, detection, and containment capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Review security events from a variety of sources and tools, correlate activity, prioritize security alerts according to the risks they pose to the company.
- Monitor security instrumentation and event management (SIEM) tools for malicious activity. Coordinate with MSSPs on proper assessment and response.
- Communicate status and findings to other analysts and leadership.
- Escalate security incidents according to approved response plans, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with triage, containment, remediation, and detailed post-event analysis of security incidents.
- Drive threat hunting initiatives as needed.
- Provide feedback to other security analysts and architects about the configuration and performance of security tools in the operating environment.
- Stay current with modern threats and leverage threat intelligence on an ongoing basis to improve detection and response activities.
- Assist in developing and updating internal operating policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience using endpoint protection tools for security event analysis, correlation, and risk-based response.
- Capable of analyzing log files, network packets, and other system information gathered from multiple sources throughout the environment.
- Familiar with reverse engineering principles, malware, and rootkits.
- Working knowledge of concepts including IDS/IPS, DDoS protection, firewalls, proxies and other network security architectures.
- Understanding of DNS configuration and Microsoft-based platforms including active directory.
- Experience with security frameworks such as NIST, CIS, ISO, PCI DSS.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, communication, and organizational skills.
- The ability to translate technical language into business terms.
- Experience with Office 365 and Defender Advance Threat Protection (ATP) preferred.
- GCIH, ECIH or similar certification preferred.
What we offer:
Medical, Dental, 401K, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Short- and Long-term disability, Maternity and Paternity leave, Employee Referral Program.
What we stand for:
- Service Through Purpose
- Security In Every Detail
- Always Available
- Relentless Standard of Care
- Collective Success
For more information about our core values and beliefs, visit https://brinkshome.com/sustainability.
Brinks Home provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Address Farmers Branch, Texas, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5