Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
Product Security Lead
- We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to make it a reality with remote work and potentially, part-time work.
- We believe an inclusive, diverse and barrier-free work environment makes for empowered and committed employees.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of paid family leave programs.
- We are committed to employee development, offering tuition reimbursement and a variety of in-house learning and mentorship opportunities.
- We know that financial security is important. We offer competitive salaries and incentive programs, RSUs (job level specific), and an employee share option purchase program.
- We realize time away to recharge is non-negotiable. We offer unlimited paid time off!
- Great work deserves recognition. We have a robust recognition program, with ongoing and enhanced awards for exemplary performance.
How You Will Contribute:
Reporting to Head of Product Security you will spearhead our product security initiatives. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to ensure the security of our products from concept to post-launch. The successful candidate will have a strong background in product security, security testing, and a deep understanding of network designs, equipment, and protocols, and a proven record of standing up a product security functions. Critical to success is strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and the ability to function as a consultant and consensus builder. A strong candidate will have experience in either a product development or operational role, understanding a risk based approach to executing security objectives.
As part of this role you will;
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to embed security best practices into the product development lifecycle.
- Serve as a primary security resource for all product-related security matters.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive product pen testing framework and methodology.
- Lead the establishment and management of a Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT).
- Develop processes for timely vulnerability handling and information dissemination.
- Coordinate with external researchers, partners, and customers on vulnerability disclosures.
- Provide security training and resources to development teams.
- Develop and maintain a product security roadmap, ensuring alignment with organizational goals.
- Mentor and guide team members on security best practices and procedures.
- Work with our customers and respond to their security requirement request.
- Coordinate internal and external penetration tests on our product portfolio.
- Review and analyze penetration test results, ensuring vulnerabilities are prioritized and remediated.
What Does Ciena Expect of You?
- Initiative – you’re a self-starter who works with limited direction and is committed to delivering against aggressive deadlines.
- A customer-first mentality – what’s important to the customer is also important to you.
- Agility – you are readily able to manage competing and ever-changing priorities and maintain a balanced and methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Communication expertise – you possess the ability to communicate highly technical IT concepts to non-IT business partners to ensure understanding and consensus.
- The flexibility to work independently and as part of a broader team – you thrive in a team environment, are comfortable working independently and know how to get things done in a virtual environment.
- Relationship builder – with a proven ability to influence, you’re able to quickly develop trusted connections and get work done through others.
- Critical thinking – you readily approach problems in a consistent and systematic way.
- A commitment to ongoing learning – increasing your knowledge of rules, regulations, and standards in the fields of internal audit, IT, and related matters of interest to the department.
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product security with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, OSCP, GWAPT, or other industry-recognized credentials.
- Prior experience working in a telecommunication industry.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication and written proficiency.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.
- Address USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10