BAE Systems, one of the world’s largest defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Principal Cyber Security Analyst for our chemical manufacturing facility in Radford, VA in southwestern Virginia.
The Principal Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for working with senior cybersecurity professionals to operate network security tools on an Industrial Control Systems (ICS) / Operational Technology (OT) network and provide timely reporting and remediation of identified threats.
The Principal Cyber Security Analyst will assess, configure, and operate the following capabilities:
- Network Management and Monitoring
- Security Incident handling
- Incident Management
- Threat Analysis
- Near Real Time Operations support
- Cybersecurity Compliance tracking and reporting
- Vulnerability Management
- Technical Services Delivery protections
As a cybersecurity analyst/technician of the Contractor Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) group, this role will be key in providing Computer Network Defense (CND) of the Operations/Controls network.
• Performance in multiple areas of information security including computer network defense (CND), continuous monitoring and analysis, enterprise audit, security compliance, security event monitoring and analysis, data management, analytic rule development/adjustment, incident response and investigative support
• Delivering technical security expertise in the operations and maintenance of an Operations CND system, dealing with events caused by internal and external factors and the related mitigation recommendations for issues caused by process, threat and technology changes over time
• Implementing system security requirements and controls in accordance with DFARS 252.204-7012, NIST SP 800-171, NIST SP 800-82, and NIST SP 800-53.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facility at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, VA, we do this by developing safer propellants for our government and commercial customers. Radford AAP has provided high quality propellants for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic
Engineering Technology, Mathematics or similar and eight (8) years of full time experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree and six (6) years experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in Cyber Assurance, Cyber Engineering, Cyber Analysis, Threat Hunting, or Forensic Analysis.
- Manufacturing/Industry Operational Technology (OT) Network experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- One of the following certifications must be held:
- CompTIA Security +
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- ISC Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated experience applying systems engineering skills to implement and maintain security requirements and controls
- Experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Security Operations Center experience preferred
- Incident Response experience
- Enterprise audit aggregation, logging, and analysis experience (e.g., Manage Engine, Splunk)
- Network scanning experience (e.g., DISA ACAS, Nessus)
- Applying working knowledge and practical experience of Risk Management Framework or NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Windows/Linux Administration or Group Policy/PAM experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Job ID : Id88133BR
- Address Radford, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10