About the job
Finding a job can be overwhelming — plowing through dense, super specific job descriptions, spending hours filling out applications, and then, if you’re lucky, you get a tag-team interview that leaves you spinning.
At Canvas, we’re dedicated to transforming financial services and that includes recruitment. We aren’t ashamed to say it. Working here is delightful. We’re a family, and the time we spend together is full of support and camaraderie, and it’s fun. Make no mistake, we’re serious-minded professionals who take our responsibilities to heart, but the pettiness and bureaucracy you find in much of corporate America is out of bounds here.
Who We Are
We are Canvas and we are passionate about disrupting the way people experience financial services. “Helping you afford life” and “People before profits” aren’t just advertising taglines for us. They’re literally words we live by. Shareholder profits don’t drive us. Our members, our families, and the communities we live and work in are all that matter here. (World peace is super important too.) We’re strong supporters of the credit union movement, of providing our members with the education, support, and guidance to build strong, independent financial futures. And we want your help.
- Lead the People Systems function and ancillary people systems enhancements with the purpose of improving the employment experience and engagement including the evaluation and implementation of new upgrades and implementations.
- Provide overall project management for system implementations, enhancements, and upgrades to complete on time and within budget.
- Proactively performs system maintenance, including review, testing and implementation of system upgrades and fixes. Partners with functional and technical staff to support system workflows, configuration design, upgrades, and fixes.
- Review, test and implement system upgrades or patches. Collaborate with vendors and technical staff to plan and coordinate application of upgrade or fix. When needed, prepare user communication regarding changes in system functionality, look or feel.
- Provide system support, including researching and resolving issues, unexpected results, or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Lead on-going verification of integrity and security of all data in the HR systems by performing security audits, data analysis, risk assessments and analysis, recommend and implement enhancements to system data security, formulate security policies and procedures.
- Develop a robust and efficient reporting environment that supports business needs and leverages technology to support the enhancement of a more comprehensive people analytics function with the goal of providing accurate and up-to-date data and interpretation for use across Canvas.
- Write, maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing business needs. Collaborate on the creation of dashboard tools to inform HR leaders of the status of key metrics.
- Keep informed on developments and trends in the HR systems, particularly regarding new methodologies, services, and technological advances.
- Develop and maintain user procedures, guidelines, and documentation. Provide training to users when necessary.
- Follow all safety and security guidelines to properly safeguard member and organization assets.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other compliance requests and requirements.
- Embrace ongoing education and learn/apply new skills and software applications.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability
- Proven ability to collect data and interpret for the purpose of improving business outcomes.
- Extensive understanding of how to design and implement highly efficient and effective processes.
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills with ability to develop and maintain consultative relationships with Canvas family members.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain confidences. Position requires strict confidentiality of all employee records and information and requires incumbent to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Education or Formal Training
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Computer Science, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of HRIS management and payroll support.
- Possess solid knowledge of Human Resources functions, automated workflow processes, payroll administration, benefits administration, compensation planning tools and talent management strongly preferred.
- Proficient in report writing.
- Proficient UKG PRO product knowledge and configuration expertise
- Project management experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including research techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive data.
- Experience working with HR, and Payroll stakeholders.
The starting pay range for this position is $62,300.00-$72,300.00, and final pay rate will be determined based on experience and internal equity factors.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Wellness Day
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- World Class 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Rate Discounts on Qualifying Loans
- This position may be bonus eligible, dependent on individual and company results.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
High volume, fast-paced, dynamic office environment with some travel. Must be able to attend meetings and events outside of regular business hours. The job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers, fax machines and filing cabinets. The position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets. The position requires bending, stooping, or standing as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Canvas Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veteran/Disabled.
E-Verify Participation Notice – English
E-Verify Participation Notice – Spanish
Right to Work Notice – English
Right to Work Notice – Spanish
- Salary Offer $62,300/yr - $72,300/yr
- Address Lone Tree, CO, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5