A Network Engineer provides network systems support to maximize stability, availability, security, and functionality within all network and connectivity related environments. This role solves pressing business issues and drives positive change while leveraging technology and services. This role also provides critical performance improvement management, monitoring, and feedback. The Network Engineer is charged with day-to-day operational checks performed on network technologies and reports the results to the Information Security and Information Technology Governance offices. Furthermore, the Network Engineer oversees network technology upgrades and release installations to address pressing vulnerabilities and security controls.
- Provides network systems and security technical support.
- Provides Network, IPT and Systems Integration and Support.
- Ensures IT assets are highly available and properly deployed to maximize service capability.
- Defines, assists in the management, tests, implements, and deploys new and existing technologies as it pertains to Security, services, and client networking.
- Implements security controls based on Information Security Department’s review and recommendations, this includes but not limited to security settings, access control, templates, and baseline configurations.
- Assesses conditions and recommends operational changes. Logs all material work, tasks, and system changes in the service desk.
- Conducts periodic reviews of internal process and control documentation as relates to IT Infrastructure, IT Operations, and compliance.
- Ensures all devices are running efficiently and access control rights to all individuals are properly authorized and evidenced.
- Engages and participates in various regulatory and internal network related audits.
- Participants in performing fail over exercises and disaster scenarios simulations to test the Bank’s network resiliency. This is in partnership with business units and Information Technology peers.
- Reviews current network topology and ensures that systems employ the most up to date and compliant versions in support of business needs. Stay up to date on technology trends and recommend management changes needed within the network environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Technical certifications in Cisco, Palo Alto, and Meraki are a plus but not required.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in network engineering, security, networking, and infrastructure support.
- Strong background in Cisco Nexus, Catalyst and MDS switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco ACI, ASA, and firepower.
- Strong background in Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama servers.
- Strong background in Cisco Meraki switches and access points.
- Strong understanding of
- Cisco Identity Services Engine administration and 802.1x
- IP addressing/subnetting/VLSM and CIDR adept in current security technologies.
- Network routing: BGP, EIGRP, Policy Based Routing
- Switching technologies/concepts including spanning-tree, vlan, 802.1q, SPAN VACL, HSRP, Etherchannel)
- Palo Alto SD WAN technologies including traffic profiles, Path/SaaS profiles.
- VPN technology including Site-to-Site VPNs, user VPNs, and third-party VPNs.
- Microsoft Azure Networking
- Solarwinds monitoring and management tools.
- Sniffer-type data analysis, filtering, and diagnostics.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Customer-focused and results-oriented attitude.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to coordinate and work with others.
- Willingness to be on call and attend to technical issues outside of normal business hours.
$40.86 – $55.28 / hour
Pay determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Cathay Bank offers its full-time employees a competitive benefits package which is a significant part of their total compensation. It is our goal to provide employees with a comprehensive benefits package to fit their needs which includes, coverage for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health saving account (HSA) with company contributions, voluntary coverages, and 401(k).
Cathay Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, gender, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions, childbirth and breastfeeding), reproductive health decision-making, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or characteristics, disability or medical condition, military status or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Mickey Hsu, FVP, Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 582-7370 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
- Salary Offer $40.86 – $55.28 / hour
- Address Rosemead, CA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5