About the job
Summit Materials is looking for a to join our growing IT team based in Denver, Colorado. This role will lead the data integration capability for Summit Materials.
Summit Materials was formed to acquire and grow heavy-side building materials companies in the aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, cement, asphalt paving and construction industries. By teaming up with established local businesses, Summit is committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed its environmental and social responsibilities. Our employees are what make Summit special and are the foundation of our company. Their passion and dedication to our mission, and ability to have fun in this pursuit, is what creates our success.
The Manager, Data Engineering you will lead, plan, design and implement data integration solutions at Summit Materials. You will lead the data engineers and work closely with the analytics team and business stakeholders to ensure the data solutions support innovation and drive business growth and efficiencies.
- Manage and supervise a team of data engineers to gather and translate business requirements to provide data input for the analytical solutions.
- Define data integration, data quality, data integration standards and best practices for Summit.
- Establish governance for data and data integration at Summit.
- Evaluate source systems to develop source-to-target mappings to enable data flows into the data lake and analytical layer.
- Assist team members by providing technical expertise, programming knowledge, data integration and data models.
- Define timelines for team goals as they align to overall organizational objectives.
- Well-verse in data modeling techniques with the ability to translate business needs into data solutions.
- Manage the project team resourcing and execution per commitments.
- Manages application support function to solve ongoing data issues and ensure data integrity.
- Attract, retain, develop, and promote talent to build a team with an optimal balance of experience and diverse perspectives.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, or equivalent years of related work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Integration and Data Modeling leadership role
- Strong understanding of Agile development methodology and the iterative value it produces.
- 5+ years of experience in data integration with an ERP system like SAP
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling in a data warehouse environment, with an understanding of modern data warehouse architecture
- Strong knowledge of SQL and types of Relational Databases
- Ability to articulate a vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Ability to co-create and work collectively with various business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation, including the ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity and build/grow a capability
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to remain organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple parties.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and take action on it
Base Salary Range:
$125,000.00 – $155,000.00 + Bonus
Summit Materials was formed to acquire and grow heavy-side building materials companies in the aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, cement, asphalt paving and construction industries. By teaming up with established local businesses, Summit is committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed its environmental and social responsibilities. Our employees are what make Summit special and are the foundation of our company. Their passion and dedication to our mission, while also having fun, is what creates our success.
Benefits and Compensation
At Summit Materials, we believe in developing and supporting our talent into the future. Our comprehensive benefits allow our employees and their families to have security beyond the workplace with benefits such as medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) with an employer match, HSA, and FSA’s for health and dependent care. We incentivize our employees to minimize health concerns with our wellness program and other experiences to maintain a long and prosperous life. Variable compensation, including short-time and long-term incentive plans are determined based on role, paid out based on personal and company performance and is subject to annual review.
- Salary Offer $125,000/yr - $155,000/yr
- Address Denver, CO, USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20