About the job
The Global Information Security (GIS) organization delivers proactive cyber defense for the global Pfizer enterprise. Our mission is to secure all of Pfizer’s information assets ranging from the manufacturing floor to the core data centers and out to the patient facing solutions. We achieve this mission through a team of world-class talent, utilizing top-tier technologies, advanced analytics and the promotion of a cybersecurity ownership culture across the company.
The Manager, Cybersecurity Network Protection Lead is responsible for a team of network protection engineers who will design, implement and ensure the completeness and effectiveness of network and messaging security protections. The Cybersecurity Network Protection Lead is a hands-on network protection engineering role which will partner closely with technology vendors and other GIS and Digital teams, such as Secure Network Services and Messaging, to develop, influence and drive forward roadmap strategies to maximize network and messaging security.
The position requires a demonstrated aptitude to rapidly apply expertise in a complex business and technical environment along with a proven ability to build partnerships with peer organizations across Pfizer.
- Implement and execute a transformation of network protection solutions and processes inclusive of methodology, solutions, policy analysis, and automation opportunities.
- Design, implement and ensure the completeness and effectiveness of network and messaging security protections.
- Partner closely with technology vendors and other GIS and Digital teams to develop, influence and drive forward roadmap strategies to maximize network and messaging security.
- Provide security representation to business leaders and technology solution projects to ensure secure outcomes.
- Responsible for the career and technical development of Cybersecurity Network Protection Engineers inclusive of recruitment, training, and career advancement.
- Stay up to date with business priorities, emerging security threats and defenses and evolving security skill proficiencies needs.
- Analyze business requirements and provide recommendations for building scalable solutions to meet security functional and non-functional requirements
- Build and operationalize solutions to deploy and protect the network and/or messaging.
- Define and configure security policies throughout the various network/messaging boundaries.
- Create and maintain documentation related to network and/or messaging solutions; this may include conceptual, logical, and physical diagrams; new environment design documents; write ups on technical capabilities and solution configurations; etc.
- Ensure continuous security policy analysis to maximize effectiveness of security defenses.
- Develop analytics/analyze data to improve situational awareness and make informed decisions.
- Develop automations to eliminate manual repetitive tasks and allow time for more meaningful work.
- Manage medium to large security enhancement and remediation projects.
- Demonstrate commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Work well in a team environment including cross-functional and cross-organizational teams maintaining poise and composure in difficult situations with a professional attitude and ownership mindset.
- BS in Computer Sciences, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering, Sciences, or related field or 9+ years of equivalent experience of cybersecurity network protection in a large corporate enterprise.
- Strong understanding of Information Security principles and application, CISSP certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of Project Management Methodology, PMP certification a plus.
- Understanding of business contracts and negotiation tactics, cloud solutions, common security elements/controls, and network and/or messaging security technologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long-term projects.
- Ability to set and manage expectations with key stakeholders and team members.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to write and verbally articulate industry terminology to interact at a technical level, management level and senior executive level.
- Organizational, planning, and administrative abilities and the ability to coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience leading and participating in matrixed teams comprised of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate with individuals and groups at multiple levels across the organization.
This is a desk job with extensive computer usage.
Non-standard Work Schedule, Travel Or Environment Requirements
Standard work schedule & occasional travel required (less than 5%).
Last Date to Apply for Job: March 25th 2022
Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech
- Address Collegeville, PA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10