Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 107,000 employees and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in cybersecurity, cloud and high performance computing, the Group provides tailored end-to-end solutions for all industries in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to a secure and decarbonized digital for its clients. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on Euronext Paris and included in the CAC 40 ESG and Next 20 Paris Stock indexes.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education, and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
Atos is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel / Data Protection Legal Expert with 7+ years of quality legal service delivery experience, including significant years supporting the corporate data protection office and infosec, and expertise in review, drafting and negotiation of data protection clauses in B2B commercial contracting.
The ideal candidate possesses (a) deep experience with data protection regulation and operational and commercial contracting best practices, (b) senior advisory expertise for corporate and commercial stakeholders with interests in data protection and infosec, (c) talent in B2B commercial contracting with or without data protection issues, including review, drafting and negotiation of complex IT service contracts, (d) earned confidence in the counseling of internal stakeholders, and (e) subject matter expertise across a wide scope of contract types– consulting, software development and maintenance, managed solutions, IP licensing, cloud hyperscaling, IoT, AI solutions, and IT security services.
Day-to-day responsibilities would include:
- Collaborate with Eviden (see About Atos/Eviden section below) Global and NAO Data Protection Office and Security Office and other Strategic Functions to enable best practice in operational support of data protection regulation
- Support the Eviden pursuit and account teams, and other NAO Legal Team attorneys who may be primary in customer and subcontractor negotiations, with legal advice and practice in data protection and infosec subject matter expertise
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of B2B customer, subcontractor and vendor contracts, and support deal review processes
- Coach on data protection and infosec subject matter
- Work with Global and NAO Legal and other Strategic Functions to improve cross-functional collaboration and excellence
The Senior Legal Counsel / Data Protection Legal Expert will report to the General Counsel for the Atos North American Business Unit (NAO) and support the Eviden businesses. The position may be based in offices located in Plano, Texas, however, pure remote and hybrid models are viable options for the right candidate. Limited travel is expected. English language proficiency is a must, and French and/or Spanish is a plus. In the event of completion of the corporate split and listing of the Eviden business (see below, in the About Atos section), this position will migrate to the Eviden NAO Legal Team.
Key skills and experience:
- Ability to operate as an independent advisor at a senior level and to build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to drive change and improvement
- Unerring professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and proactivity in solving issues
- International experience
- JD from an accredited university
- Good standing with at least one US state bar organization
- IAPP CIPP/US and CISS/E and/or other relevant certifications in data protection
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
Updates on Atos:
Atos is preparing for a targeted separation of the company into two publicly listed companies, which is proposed to be:
- Eviden: a leading player in digital transformation, cloud and sovereign data solutions, big data analytics and solutions, and cybersecurity
- Atos Tech Foundations: a leader in managed infrastructure services, digital workplace and professional services
Ref. No: 480667
- Address Irving, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10