About the job
- Candidate will lead a team responsible for the deployment, installation, and maintenance of PCTE; a Department of Defense cyber training environment/cyber range. PCTE is a distributed private cloud, and utilizes a modern tech stack that is heavily based on virtualization and Kubernetes for application deployment and execution.
- This will be a technical team lead position, where the candidate will lead the activities of a small team (4-6 people) responsible for the installation, configuration, verification, and maintenance of infrastructure and a host of COTS and GOTS software applications in a virtualized and containerized environment. Candidate will be expected to be hands on and both perform technical tasks and ensure that the team is meeting schedule and performance goals.
- Comprehensive skill sets and complete knowledge of all HW and SW is not required coming into this position. However, the candidate must be sufficiently experienced in several of the associated technologies and be a fast learner with a proven ability to independently identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems. Reach back support will be available within the immediate team, across the broader PCTE teams, and vendors and developers.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with multiple external stakeholders to define maintenance windows, coordinate team schedules to support evening and weekend deployments, ensure that all software and documentation is available and ready for deployment, and ensure that systems are updated and operational within defined maintenance windows.
- Since most maintenance windows occur on weekends, the ability to flex time to support weekend maintenance windows is required (typically two per month).
- Demonstrated experience in a technically demanding environment with the ability to execute in a hands-on role while maintaining the overall deployment schedules.
- Able to work with a large team of engineers setting up complex software and hardware for data center and cloud environments.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply that knowledge in the field installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and testing the system software.
- The ability to apply critical thinking in the resolution of complex interdependent problems.
- The ability to apply empathy, compassion, and emotional intelligence when addressing issues encountered.
- Must be able to utilize a ticket tracking system (e.g. Jira) and plan and manage the activities of the team, track progress and provide metrics
- Must be detail oriented and able to create and follow complicated instructions to install, configure and validate the environments
- Must be capable of troubleshooting components when unexpected results are encountered
- Must be skilled with Linux system administration and have a functional knowledge of VMware vCenter
- Must be able to utilize and create command line tools and scripts for automation, administration, data collection and reporting. This job requires the ability to create, test, debug, deploy, and maintain scripts and other automation tools.
- Experience with CM tools such as Git, and GitLab.
- Able to learn how to install and validate custom software in an environment with many interdependences.
- Must be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment and able to work with a range of engineers holding a diverse set of skills at differing levels of experience.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Must be able to analyze real world problems and implements solutions according to corporate guidelines and procedures, and industry best practices.
- Must be sensitive and flexible to the needs and requirements of the customer.
- Must have effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must professionally deliver information via tools such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Email, etc.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Travel: The position may require up to 10% travel time.
- Functional knowledge of networking (switching, routing, firewalls, VPN, VLANs, VXLANs, etc.).
- RedHat OpenShift, or Tanzu Kubernetes Grid experience (setup and configuration).
- Experience deploying and managing applications in a Kubernetes environment. Requires knowledge of ArgoCD, Kustomize, secret management, and other core enablers of a Kubernetes stack.
- VMWare vCenter, ESXi, NSX-T experience.
- RedHat Services experience with IDM, SSO, and Satellite.
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell Desired State, or similar automation tools.
- Ability to solve technical problems involving a variety of interdependent software and hardware platforms.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with vendors/users/customers and developers to understand needs, limitations, operational requirements, and changes which may impact installation and testing activities, examine any relevant change implementation, then report the changes to leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as IT, computer science, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university and seven (5) years of relevant work experience.
- IAT Level II or greater. Security+, CISSP or other equivalent certification required within six months of hire.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government’s Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
- Address Orlando, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10