About the job
IT Support Help Desk are a dynamic group of individuals that are capable of multi-tasking while successfully maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction to both external and internal customers. The IT Support Help Desk will work with the IT Support Center to support end user computing hardware software at FBM locations.
At FBM we believe in doing business with integrity and being the Company of Choice for both our customers and our team.
Essential IT Support Help Desk Functions/Qualifications/Education
- Experience with Order Entry and Inventory Management systems (such as Infor sx.Enterprise)
- Maintain/update system and network documentation
- Research end user computing hardware installed at a facility
- Troubleshoot end user computing hardware and common desktop applications
- Providing assistance to end users via phone, email, remote control, or in person communication
- Daily management of support queue tickets, including re-assigning to other resources when necessary
- Ability to configure desktop computers running Microsoft Windows
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot problems that arise within a facility’s network or end user computing hardware
- Two years’ experience in a Support, Customer Service, or other customer/end user facing role
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Must demonstrable ability to successfully interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- High level of initiative and critical thinking to formulate business issues into analytical problems and devise actionable solutions.
- Ability to work cross functionally and support multiple senior level clients.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Time management and ability to complete work under tight deadlines.
- Possess a desire to learn and be challenged
- Maintain a positive attitude and be able to adapt to changes
- Strong work ethic and detail oriented
- Support our company values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and being a Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned
- A principled approach to work, including honesty and integrity
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k)
About Foundation Building Materials
Foundation Building Materials (FBM) is a leading North American distributor of building materials focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of local construction trades with best-in-class products and services. Based in California, FBM has more than 4,500 employees in over 250 locations. FBM’s core values – safety first, a focus on customers and team members, honesty, and integrity – form the foundation for an outstanding customer experience that is recognized across the industry.
FBM promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable State and Federal law.protected under applicable State and Federal law.
- Address Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5