Responsible for examining automated systems and information technology in all areas of the Corporation to determine the extent of compliance with policies, plans, procedures, and rules of regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates IT management effectiveness in the attainment of IT control objectives.
- Assists in the identification of controls over information systems relevant to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and maintains the controls frame work within the SAP GRC-Process Control system.
- Assists in evaluating the results of self-assessments performed by the control owners within the IS department.
- Assists in the mitigation of segregation of duties conflicts for SAP systems.
- Establishes relationships with personnel in the IS department to identify and understands process changes or system implementations that are relevant to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Participates in the annual scoping process to identify controls that are required for the annual Sarbanes-Oxley internal control certification process.
- Participates as part of the team responsible for documenting relevant application and general computer controls for new applications or new businesses acquired.
- Assists in the testing of Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls for the Corporation and subsidiaries.
- Assists in the development and improvement of procedures and techniques related to internal controls over systems and technology to enhance the information systems control environment.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum three (3) years of IT auditing or control-related experience required.
- Related experience in information technology or public accounting referred.
- Recent experience working with Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls, COBIT and/or COSO preferred.
- External IT/IS auditing experience preferred.
- Experience in the refining and marketing business preferred.
- Experience auditing SAP preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Profession (CISSP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other applicable certification(s) preferred.
- Understanding of general IT controls and application specific controls, and the ability to apply these to the Company’s environment preferred.
- High degree of initiative and creativity preferred.
- Proficiency with electronic spreadsheets, database management systems, and data query software preferred.
- Ability to prepare reports and present them to management preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential to interact with internal and external contacts preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
- Address San Antonio, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5