Please note, is a non standard shift. The work hours for this position are Sunday thru Thursday 10:00pm- 6:00am. ***
- Perform incident response, with a primary focus of eliminating the threat to the network and determining the cause of the security incident while preserving evidence for further analysis.
- Ensure incidents are handed in a manner that is consistent with established playbooks.
- Monitors SIEM and logging for alerts of potential network threats, intrusions, and/or compromises.
- Responsible for understanding the global threat environment and general security best practices.
- Assists with triage of service requests from automated sensors and internal requests for assistance.
- Participates in active cyber hunting to identify and eliminate known and unknown network threats.
- Interface with technical personnel from various disciplines to rapidly resolve critical issues.
- Appropriately inform and advise leadership of incidents and propose effective response and/or countermeasures for containment.
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other security engineers and partner.
- Identify, document, and recommend new or revised incident response playbooks
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and procedures to improve analysis, detection, and mitigation of incidents in support of the overall Cyber Defense mission
- Create and drive action plans to address recurring or ongoing information security incidents.
- Develop and maintain reporting metrics used to measure team performance, ensure analyst adherence to processes/procedures for operational consistency, identify process improvements, coaching, training and professional development of the staff.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of information security technology projects. Serve as point-person and subject matter expert for issues and projects related Cyber Security Counter Threat Operations.
- Collaboration as appropriate with leadership and other key stakeholders
- Positions in this function are involved in the body of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect and defend networks, computers, programs, and data from attack, damage, theft, or unauthorized access, including firewall, digital forensics, investigative services, and incident management.
- Analyzes and investigates.
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Knowledge of industry recognized analysis frameworks (Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE ATT&CK, NIST Incident Response, etc.) and thorough understanding of fundamental security and network concepts
- 1-3 years’ work experience as security analyst or similar role with ability to lead shift for the Security Operations Center
- Ability to demonstrate triage and investigations utilizing multiple security sensors including documentation and debriefing of incidents.
- Willing to work in a team-oriented 24/7 SOC environment; flexibility to work on a rotating schedule (including occasional shift work)
- Experience with network monitoring in a SOC environment
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Forensics and/or equivalent work experience
- Security certifications (e.g. Security+, CCNA Cyber Ops, GCIA, GCIH, CEH, CySA+, OSCP, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge conducting cyber threat analysis originating from phishing emails
- Previous experience working with network tools and technologies such as firewall (FW), proxies, IPS/IDS devices, full packet capture (FPC), and email platforms
- Efficient triage and documentation during incident response to effectively brief Leadership
- Development experience in one or more of the following: C+, Python, PS, Bash, or Java
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Address Eden Prairie, MN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5