When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You will grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have crafted an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive variety of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of an extraordinary team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in Information Technology (IT) to support our teams that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher’s IT work is carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for business, engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a marketing and sales environment.
Internship opportunities within IT may include:
- Global Information Security
- Digital Technology & Delivery
- Project Management
- New Technologies
- Enterprise Application Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Global Infrastructure
- Corporate Strategy & Integrations
- Digital Transformations
- Data Science
Hiring Locations may include but are not limited to Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, California and Maryland.
- Effective project management adhering to established timelines.
- Maintain and provide reporting support for the system and users.
- Develop automated data loads and schedules to ensure timeliness of information.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and compile data for various performance metrics.
- Maintain and supervise data accuracy.
- Establish measurements and targets based on historic and forecasted data.
- Support the execution and data integrity of strategic projects.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science field
- Preferred majors: Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or other related major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in IT
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Previous industrial experience is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Job ID: 175187BR
- Address Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5