Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This Individual Contributor position will research, identify and assist with implementation of solutions as well as perform computer and/or network security vulnerability assessments and scans to identify, evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities. Audit systems to ensure compliance with mandated policies and reviews log files across the network. Monitor and maintain security systems in accordance with corporate policies. Provide first level support for security incidents reported by monitoring systems and through Help Desk ticketing systems.
- This position reports to the Manager of IT Security and has no direct or indirect reports
- Flexible schedule however must be able to work 3+ days per week in office
- Assist Engineering staff in the monitoring and maintenance of deployed security solutions
- Responds to all system security weak points and partners with other teams and third party vendors to resolve security issues
- Participate in security incident management procedures for assigned systems
- Investigate opportunities to update security system capabilities to sustain and enhance network and system security integrity
- Perform configuration updates, such as modifying configurations, signature definitions or implementing new policies
- Experience with the following: SSL, HTTPS, SSH
- Perform daily OS and application level administration for assigned security elements
- Provide advanced application level support for the resolution of security system faults
- Respond to security incidents and report on incident handling and resolution
- Participate in post-mortem investigation of network security incidents and prepare security incident reports documenting the findings
- Receive, manage and execute customer requests for changes to security infrastructure
Other Important Details about the Role:
The ability to populate, maintain, and use databases and their information for IT Administration platforms is crucial to ensure information is accurate, complete, and secure. The ability to implement, perform, instruct, monitor, and maintain IT Policies, Procedures, and Processes is critical to ensuring the enterprise remains compliant with exiting regulation, Internal and external audits, financial, and other security access control requirements. This position provides other technical assistance and will be assigned other duties as assigned by supervisor. The ability to clearly articulate verbal and written communication is imperative. The nature of this position requires regular and frequent inside contact with company employees at all levels enterprise-wide as well as outside client representatives, vendors, and other business-related representatives.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or Associate’s degree with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- One year of experience in information security
- Proficient in troubleshooting both system and application issues
- Working knowledge of Linux & Windows System administration
- Experience with multiple IT Security solutions/tools, to include but not limited to:
- End Point Security solution
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- URL and SPAM filtering solutions
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Administration
- Certification in CyberSecurity
- Working knowledge of IT contracts, software licensing and vendor relations
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Job ID : R13906
- Address Omaha, NE, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10