We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
**Qualified candidates may be considered for 100% remote work arrangements based on where a candidate currently resides or is currently located.
Office Location: Corporate South, Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Dallas Hub (Richardson, TX), Atlanta Hub (Dunwoody, GA), and Phoenix Hub (Tempe, AZ).
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period, beginning on the effective date of the position, which must be met before the employee can post for any other lateral State Farm position. Employees may be considered for leadership openings at any time, and a promotional position within the same job structure (i.e. Professional/Technical or Para-professional/Support) after 6 months from the effective date of the position. In these cases, the remaining incumbency would be waived. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity. **
State Farm’s Active Directory (AD) product team develops and maintains a large, enterprise-scale, multi-forest on-premises and multi-tenant Azure hybrid-cloud Active Directory environment. The Product Team also develops and maintains separate self-contained systems for Active Directory operational and security related monitoring and control.
AD product team members apply Active Directory concepts and practices in accordance with industry standards, risk management concepts, security best practices, and governance/compliance requirements. They design, develop, test, and support end-to-end on-premises AD environments, Azure Active Directory, and related AD-specific systems for operational monitoring and control, advanced threat detection, and issuance/updating of AD and related systems.They develop and use controls, tools, and techniques that leverage existing or new capabilities, patterns, and/or processes.
AD product team members work closely with business and IT partners to understand and translate business and IT needs into Active Directory strategic direction, technical designs, and enabled solutions. They research emerging technical and security topics/threats, and understand the evolving capabilities and solution options pertaining to Active Directory and related systems.
Knowledge & hands-on experience with the following is highly desired:
- Microsoft Active Directory / Directory Services (AD/DS) management for multiple forests/domains
- Azure Active Directory hybrid environment
- Windows Server 2016 / 2019
- Windows 10
- Group Policy and Group Policy Management
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft Defender for Identity
Understanding & some experience with the following is a plus:
- Authentication/Authorization standards, techniques and protocols (Kerberos/LDAP/SAML, OAUTH, OpenID, FIDO2)
- Zero Trust Security Model
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- PowerShell scripting
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
- Azure Active Directory Connect
- Microsoft 365 services
General skills and experiences that are desired include:
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills in the creation of research, guidance, procedural, and support documentation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills working with team members, other support areas, and business partners.
- Ability to navigate a large organization and collaborate across physical locations.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and strategic partnerships with business partners, team members, and external contacts both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to foster innovation, encourage diversity of thought, and incorporate new ideas.
For Los Angeles candidates: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
For San Francisco candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Colorado candidates:
Salary range: $91,870.00 – $194,700
Competitive Benefits including:
- 401k Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Annual Merit Increases
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Initiatives
- For more details visit our benefits summary page
Req ID : 24104