About the job
What You’ll Do
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges. ArcBest Technologies is an ArcBest company that develops and supports applications to provide innovative technology solutions for business challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Information Specialist to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The primary responsibility for the Information Specialist Support position is to provide assistance to users of Information Technology (IT) within ArcBest, its subsidiaries, and outside customers.
Your Contribution May Include
- Configure, install, monitor and maintain IT users’ desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone software and hardware; support mobile workforce.
- Provide consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based software.
- Provide technical support and guidance through Tier 2.
- Responsible for documenting solutions to problems.
- Assist in testing and evaluating new operating systems (OS) and programs for the corporate environment.
- Assist in maintaining testing environment for OS patches and upgrades.
- Assist in maintaining testing and implementation of new technologies.
- Assist in system wide software and OS upgrades and conversions.
- Install and maintain anti-virus and firewall applications.
- Install and support remote access including wired/wireless router configuration, VPN, RSA SecureID, and Remote Desktop Connection.
- Assist in testing packaged software and upgrades to speed installations and to create silent, unattended installs.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Provide occasional 24/7 on-call support for end users.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As an Information Specialist you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies team in Medina, OH . Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Each new employee is assigned a trainer. The trainer is highly knowledgeable in the applications used by a specific business segment as well as personnel that will become the Information Specialist’s customers. The trainer will provide the new employee guidance and direction on any projects assigned.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelors in Information Systems or equivalent field, preferred.
Experience: Minimum, one-year of experience in a related field.
Computer Skills: Comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware and software, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of network technologies and troubleshooting device connectivity. Broad understanding of smartphones and tablets.
Other Requirements: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and within a team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service experience. Ability to quickly research, assimilate, and utilize new technology.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (479) 785-8734. ArcBest Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA/M/F/VET/DISABLED.
- Address Medina, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5