View more 16 hours ago
Albany State University is a fully accredited senior unit of the University System of Georgia. Employees receive benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including, but not limited to, medical and major medical insurance, group life insurance, participation in the Georgia Teachers’ Retirement System, Optional Retirement Plan (Faculty and exempt employees only), Social Security and Tuition Assistance Program after six months of employment.
Our West Campus is located at 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA 31707. Our East Campus is located at 504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705. The Human Resources office for both campuses is located on the West Campus in Building K, Suite 111.
The Information Security Officer’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives. The Information Security Officer directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems that support the University and align with the USG Cybersecurity regulations and guidelines in support of University’s objectives and business operations. The Information Security Officer will facilitate user awareness training and manage technology resources to defend against security breaches and vulnerability issues.
This individual is responsible for working with the ITS teams, audit team, public safety, academic and business units to meet USG security policies, regulations and University standards. In collaboration with the University CIO, the Information Security Officer creates the strategic plans and directs the implementation of enterprise security solutions. In collaboration with the University CIO and senior ITS leadership the Information Security Officer facilitates network and end point defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues.
Strategy & Planning
• Participate as a member of the senior ITS management team in governance processes of the organization’s security strategies.
• Lead strategic security planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing defense initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future security technologies using a risk-based assessment methodology.
• Develop and communicate security strategies and plans to ITS executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
• Assist with the design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
• Develop, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Define and communicate University plans, procedures, policies, and standards for the University for acquiring, implementing, and operating new security systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
• Act as advocate and primary liaison for the University’s security vision via regular written and in-person communications with University Deans and Directors, department heads, and end users.
• Work closely with the ITS departments on technology development to fully secure information, computer, network, and processing systems.
• Manage the administration of all computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and antivirus software.
• Ensure that technology devices and resources adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
• Recommend and implement changes in security policies and practices in accordance with changes in USG regulations and/or governing laws.
• Creatively and independently provide resolution to security problems in a cost-effective manner.
• Assess and communicate any and all security risks associated with any and all purchases or practices performed by the University.
• Collaborate with ITS leaders, privacy officer, and HR to establish and maintain a system for ensuring that security and privacy policies are met.
• Where necessary, supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of cybersecurity staff in accordance with
University budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
• Promote and oversee strategic security relationships between internal resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
• Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance and financial impact.
Bachelor degree in CS, CIS or related field .
An Associate degree in a related field and Two (2) years cybersecurity experience can be substituted for the Bachelor degree
GSEC, SSCP, Security +, CISM or equivalent security certification or obtain certification within first 6 months of hiring.
Preferred CISSP security certification.
Salary range is from $68,000 to $81,500
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to research and implement new technology
Ability to develop risk management programs
Knowledge of federal and industry regulations
Knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, and wireless technologies
Knowledge of the USG IT Handbook and all policies, procedures, and guidelines
Skilled in systems administration, networking, routing, and switching
Skilled in digital forensics and Penetration testing
Skilled in oral and written communication, and public speaking
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Office of Human Recourses at (229) 500-2026, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Albany State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Albany State University Office of Human Resources at (229) 500-2026. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 229-500-3442.
• On-call availability.
• Occasional after-hours and weekend duties required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- Salary Offer $68,000 to $81,500
- Address Albany, GA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5