Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates* – enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at www.vailresortscareers.com.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Information Security Architect’s role is a technical leadership position which will support the development of security strategies and architecture related to Vail Resorts’ security initiatives. The Information Security Architect will work with IT engineering architects, application teams and compliance staff to provide enterprise scoped, consensus-based solutions.
The Security Architect’s day-to-day activities include working with cross-functional infrastructure, application, security and compliance teams to assess risk and develop mitigation strategies.
- You will represent Information Security as the primary subject-matter expert across all security domains topics as it relates to both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and the relationship between the architectures.
- Work with infrastructure and application teams to identify threats, attacks, vulnerabilities and countermeasures introduced by technology changes and business initiatives.
- Support Security Operations and Incident Response teams as a subject matter expert.
- Be well versed in stakeholder management and enjoy working with cross-functional IT teams.
The ideal candidate will have subject-matter expertise across all security domains and experience securing both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology.
- Drive: Develop and drive the ownership and accountability of Information Security objectives and supporting IT and Business initiatives.
- Design and drive the adoption of effective security architectural solutions encompassing people, process, policy and technology to address immediate project requirements and strategic roadmaps.
- Be a strong self-starter and step up when and where the team and organization needs you.
- Hold teams accountable for their Enterprise Security obligations.
- Demonstrate strong, clear and concise communications skills.
- Connect: Inspire trust and build strong, authentic, productive relationships within the organization and with key stakeholders.
- Perform design reviews of proposed solutions identifying areas where security standards are not being met as well as identification of exposure areas
- Represent Information Security on organizational project teams and ensure adherence to existing security policies and standards.
- Participate in enterprise governance processes and drive the development of technical and procedural standards for adoption.
- Act as a role model for developing and maintaining positive, collaborative relationships with all constituents including business and IT peers and leaders.
- Be empathetic and partner with stakeholders to understand their drivers and needs, and use that knowledge and those relationships to incorporate Security Architecture requirements.
- Develop: Create an environment of continual improvement both inside and outside of direct team.
- Provide mentoring and cross training to other Security practitioners.
- Be open to seeking and providing feedback creating a culture of candor and positive intent.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and develop as a self-starter requiring little direction. We are looking for someone who shows the potential to do more and is a natural leader.
- Be a Producer of Talent by enabling and educating employees across the organization on Information Security objectives.
- Out Front: Anticipate the needs of the business and facilitate as well as motivate those around you to identify solutions that both improve the security of our environment and advance business objectives.
- Create, maintain and align Information Security policies and standards with industry best practices and business needs in the adoption of cloud services and technologies.
- Stay up to date on vulnerability threats and trends through continuous development and incorporating the latest trends, tools and practices into our programs.
- Maintain an external network to ensure our organization continuously analyzes new threats, trends, innovations, etc. and ensures our strategy and priorities stay appropriately aligned.
- Be curious about our business and seek to understand our strategy, business practices, and projects so we can support our business strategy AND ensure we meet our Information Security objectives.
- Assist in the development and execution of education, standards and guidelines that will seamlessly incorporate Vulnerability Management objectives into business initiatives enabling us to continue to grow and scale.
- Re-Imagine: Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to Vail Resorts and this role. Leverage own expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve our business processes and related technology.
- Continuously review and recommend improvements to the existing security architecture with a focus on driving high impact improvements.
- Thoughtfully analyze all potential options and outcomes to drive the best possible solutions and recommendations.
- Passion: Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the employee and guest experience, culture, mission and vision. Lead by example and inspire others to follow.
- BA/BS in related field or an equivalent in education and experience
- 10+ years IT experience required. 5+ years in security solution design.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of networking technologies such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls and the trajectory of these technologies and the associated technologies.
- Experience with Identity Governance and Access Management architectures and solutions.
- Strong experience on both server and client technologies security approaches.
- Strong experience in data governance and solutions in the data governance domain.
- CISSP, CISM, SANS or Cloud Architecture Certifications
- Familiarity with Cloud Security Alliance control frameworks
- Familiarity with various compliance and privacy programs
- Strong project management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
The budgeted range starts at $110,000-140,000 + Annual Bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
*Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Please note that the ability to work remotely, and the particulars related to such work, are subject to change at any time; and, accordingly, the Company reserves the right to change its policies and/or require in-person/in-office work at any time in its sole discretion.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 431389
Nearest Major Market: Denve
- Salary Offer $110,000/yr - 140,000/yr
- Address Broomfield, CO, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20