Job Ref#: 8979
Brand: Chico’s FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: IT and Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 11215 Metro Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL
This position is responsible for designing, developing and/or integrating highly interactive digital functions and features on a multi-tiered ecommerce application across various devices. Designs and constructs large complex solutions, enterprise-level applications and features using modern JS frameworks and tools.
- Participates in all phases of the software development cycle, including development, design and testing through agile scrum process.
- Develops code through daily scrum process within each Sprint.
- Translates feature requirements into actual implementation with communication with product manager and product designer.
- Provides technical support to track down reported issues in production.
- Tests software to ensure the code is correct, fixing (“debugging”) errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the program until it produces the correct results.
- Assures that all user input is validated before submitting to QA.
- Collaborates with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Tracks and resolves functional defects of varying sizes and severity of non-core functionality.
- Participates in peer code reviews.
- Builds reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensures technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimizes web applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assists senior developers with operational releases and capital projects.
- Mentors and supports other colleagues on the team.
- Develops detailed technical specifications based on standards and guidelines.
- Tracks and resolves functional defects of varying sizes and severity, including core functionality.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/certifications and documented OJT
- 4+ years of experience building front-end applications and websites in a team environment
- Proficient use of advanced optimization and debugging tools
- Breakpoints, sources, networking, performance, etc.
- High level of proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, and responsive/adaptive design principles
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Good understanding of ADA principles and techniques
- Experience implementing and supporting 3rd party APIs (social media, analytics, etc)
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Dynatrace
- Familiarity with project tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible
- Familiarity with development methodologies (SDLC, Agile, etc)
- Good Knowledge of Web security best practices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Subversion and Git
- Proficient understanding of the Oracle ATG suite, including the Business Control Center
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Address 11215 Metro Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5