No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 117962 – Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Do you want to be part of a team that is building a future to smile about? What about having the opportunity to connect with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions? If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile…every single day.
We are excited to invite applications for the position of DevOps Engineer within our Connected Health Engineering team. Operating within the world’s leading Oral Care Company, Colgate Connect is a growing team of people inspired by the possibility of leveraging new technology to make everyday life healthier. We launched our first product with Apple stores in 2018 and have been growing our portfolio ever since. In addition to the first manual connected toothbrush – Colgate M1 – our portfolio also includes CES award winners Colgate Magik and Plaqless Pro and the latest offerings which are generating lots of buzz – hum by Colgate and hum Kids. The ideal candidate is experienced in the software development lifecycle, CI/CD tools, is highly self-motivated and can work well across a diverse and evolving team of both internal and external partners. They are proactive, able to prioritize, demonstrating excellent communication skills with technical and nontechnical audiences. We are looking for a strong team player with the ability to collaborate with diverse team members to deliver optimal solutions supporting the Colgate Connected Health platform.
What you will do:
- Design, automate and support CI/CD stack, cloud infrastructure, monitoring, and logging
- Work with developers and release management to design and implement delivery pipelines
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with engineering teams to streamline code deployment
- Participate in architecture design and implementation of infrastructure monitoring, security, and scaling solutions
- Evaluate and evangelize forward-looking processes, tools and technologies that help deliver high-quality secure software faster and more efficiently, in conjunction with GIT Architecture team
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- Liaise with GIT Info Security team to coordinate investigations and resolutions, and deploy/test new security solutions
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
- Apply GIT DevOps best practices and standards
- Partner with the Global DevOps group to inform new standards/best practices/policies
- Implement and improve automated testing solutions in coordination with dev teams
- Collaborate with the product team to consistently deliver quality software to end users
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- At least 3 years of software development experience with 2+ years focused on infrastructure/DevOps engineering
- Previous experience in a DevOps or Release Engineer role working closely with Software Engineers
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and services (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience managing infrastructure deployments using Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform)
- Familiar with code deployment tools
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration is must
- Strong command of software-automation production systems (Github Actions, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring
- To have a working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Experience configuring and using monitoring and trending systems (Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Nagios etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, similar degree or experience.
- Experience working with container based framework – Kubernetes, Docker preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
- Salary Offer $78,258/yr - $102,860/yr
- Address Piscataway, NJ, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5