Austin, Texas, United States of America
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Category: Information Technology
Job ID: 3075750
In this role, we will look to you to bring your subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. You will have the opportunity to work on interesting problems of diverse complexity and scope. You may act as a team or project leader providing direction and support to team activities and facilitate information validation and help support the team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. You will have the ability to handle most unique situations, but you also will understand when to seek advice in order to make decisions on more complex business issues.
- Identifies HP security system vulnerabilities, attacks, and threats, runs analyses on security incidents and threats, and researches appropriate countermeasures.
- Uses knowledge and understanding of our HP environment to scope the extent and impact of any vulnerability, attack or breach.
- Resolves HP security issues related to security vulnerabilities, incidents and threats through independent analysis and/or research.
- Collaboratively develops, enhances and maintains HP’s security solutions based on HP security system analysis, research and incident resolution.
- Operates as a key team member on security teams and advises on methods to improve security solutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study, or equivalent experience.
- Technical Cyber Security Certification through one of the recognized bodies preferred: SANS, ISACA, (ICS)2, CompTIA, Cisco, CERT etc.
- Typically 4+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced Cyber and IT security knowledge.
- Advanced understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats and prevention measures.
- Experience with debuggers such as IDA Pro, OlyDBG is a plus, bot not required.
- Advanced security system analysis skills.
- Advanced understanding of security standards and best practices.
- Advanced risk assessment and management skills.
- Advanced understanding of networking and network security.
- Advanced understanding of network monitoring and protocols.
Advanced understanding of one or more of the following:
- Off-the-shelf vulnerability assessment products and tools.
- Network security devices (firewalls, proxies, NIDS/NIPS, etc.).
- Platform and application-layer penetration testing techniques.
- Adversary techniques, tactics, and protocols and related countermeasures.
- Dynamic and static malware analysis techniques.
- Network security monitoring.
- Memory analysis techniques.
- Malware reverse engineering techniques.
- Digital Forensics.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors