The Cybersecurity Engineer will work with a team of individuals for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs. Duties include assessing security capabilities, leveraging available security functionality and tools and leading efforts to manage monitoring and incident response. This will include implementation/maintaining of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), DLP, Vulnerability Scanners, and Endpoint security protection solutions to ensure proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected. Responsibilities also include participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness. This role can be based in any of the following locations: Apopka, FL; Greensboro, NC; Dallas, TX; Portland, OR; Remote (dependent on Qorvo business operations in the state of residency).
- Coordinate and addresses Supply Chain risk management concerns.
- Develop, evaluate, and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the Cyber domain.
- Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
- Employ cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
- Implement appropriate Assessment and Authorization activities as required by customers.
- Implement and tune monitoring of system performance and up-time;
- Respond to events and incidents reported by customers and monitoring systems;
- Participate in the Change Control Board and implement change requests;
- Configure systems to comply with security benchmarks and best current practices;
- Research and study topics and technologies beneficial to the engineer and corporate interests;
- Share knowledge and cross-train fellow systems engineers;
- Be receptive to knowledge that you can gain from your fellow systems engineers.
- Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
- Develop, evaluate and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design.
- 5+ years of IT and/or information security experience.
- Current CISSP, Security+, SANS and/or other security certifications preferred.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and reporting (e.g., Nessus, Qualys, Rapid 7, etc.)
- Experience in monitoring and administrating various technical security controls such as firewalls, web filters, IDS/IPS, SIEM and anti-virus solutions.
- Experience working with MSSPs.
- Familiarity/Experience with the following computer skills: Operating Systems: Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux, Windows 7-10; Network Technologies: Cisco LAN/WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP; Security Infrastructure Applications: anti-virus suites, automated systems management (SCCM), vulnerability management tools, password management tools, email server security; Software: office productivity software, popular browsers, security related software analysis and protection, other business applications (accounting, practice management, CRM, etc.).
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to project management, development team, operations team, information security team and IT solutions team.
- Ability to take direction and understand and execute technical concepts and tasks.
- Well organized and ability to be successful in fast-paced, high-stress scenarios.
- Baseline knowledge of script programming (i.e. PowerShell and/or Python).
- Baseline knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods.
- Baseline understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Ability to research and developing new security policies, standards and procedures, as needed
- Ability to communicate security issues to peers and management.
- Experience with workflow assessments and documentation.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what’s next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
All successful candidates must be able to pass a drug screening test, pass a criminal background check, and provide proof of lawful work authorization in the United States.
- Salary Offer (HQ)
- Address Greensboro, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10