About the job
Information Technology Group, Information Technology Group > Cyber Security Management
At Qualcomm, we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates. You interact with products and technologies made possible by Qualcomm every day—5G-enabled smartphones that double as pro-level cameras and gaming devices, connectivity solutions that keep you connected even in remote areas, 5G that makes cities safer with smart infrastructure, and the technology that powers the smart, connected factories that manufactured your latest purchase. Our work is behind and inside the innovations that deliver significant value across multiple industries and to billions of people every day.
Our OneIT organization plays a significant role in enabling Qualcomm’s dynamic business. We partner with key business leaders to define, deliver, and drive adoption of innovative business and technical solutions, creating measurable value for Qualcomm. Our global IT organization provides an environment to learn and deploy emerging technologies related to Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Automation, Cybersecurity, and much more.
About The Team
Qualcomm’s Global Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) organization protects and defends the company’s information, systems, and networks against cyber-attack. As a member of this organization, you will work with a highly technical team focused on identifying sources of cyber risk and developing controls to protect, detect and respond to the quickly evolving cyber threat landscape. We partner with teams across the company to help them operate safely in the digital world and continue to build trust with our customers, partners and stakeholders.
About The Role
The Chief of Staff to the VP of Cybersecurity is a critical and trusted role working closely with the VP of Cybersecurity to contribute to their preparedness and success while ensuring key commitments are met. You will function as their right-hand in running the Information Security organization so that it can effectively and efficiently fulfill its mission. The Chief of Staff will help drive the ISRM organization’s resource plan, budget, strategic agenda, priorities, and executive communications, while establishing and maintaining an operational rhythm for the organization. The Chief of Staff will also oversee the ISRM Program Management Office and will direct and support change management for cybersecurity driven initiatives by leveraging key relationships throughout the organization.
This is a hands-on role and requires a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence.
- Prepare executive communications – including updates to Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Attend meetings on behalf of the VP of Cybersecurity and act as a representative when required.
- Coordinate with ISRM Leadership and the Finance department to oversee and manage the organization’s budget to ensure headcount, financial plan, outlook, and actuals are properly managed and understood.
- Oversee the ISRM Program Management Office. Coordinate and track on-time cybersecurity deliverables to meet commitments.
- Coordinate cybersecurity engagement for M&A activity
- Interface with the Office of the CIO and IT functions to coordinate cross-functional efforts
- Establish and maintain an operational rhythm for the organization, including leading operational and portfolio review meetings and strategy sessions. Build meeting agendas, capture key insights and action items, and track and follow-up on action items to closure.
- Create processes to streamline operations and support continuous improvement.
- Oversee cybersecurity headcount planning and approval processes to ensure the best candidates are identified for open positions.
- 8+ years of cybersecurity-relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Cybersecurity, Computer Science, IT, Engineering, etc.) OR 10+ years of cybersecurity-relevant work experience without a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years supervisory or leadership experience.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (Cybersecurity, Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Cryptography, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following: project/program management, cybersecurity functions such as: incident response, security operations monitoring, business risk analysis, security policy and standards development, threat modeling, adversarial testing (penetration testing, red/purple teaming), education and awareness, security architecture, identity and access management, or security control operations and deployment.
- 10+ years of cybersecurity-relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of IT-relevant work experience
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
- Address San Diego, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 20+