View more 3 days ago
CampusWorks is always looking for experienced higher education professionals to join our team. We are looking for professionals with 10+ years of experience in one or more of the functional areas listed below. Working, hands-on knowledge with an ERP system is preferred (Banner®, Workday®, Colleague®, Anthology®, Jenzabar®, or Oracle® ERP systems). These are remote positions with a varying degree of onsite presence required at our college/university client sites. The positions can be project-based (process improvement, software optimization, assessments) and/or staff augmentation (interim leadership) roles. These roles can be full-time roles or contract consultant (1099) roles. Please specify your preference in the application.
CampusWorks is searching for a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) who will play a critical role in helping higher education institutions safeguard their data so they can focus on what matters most: student success.
A Day in the Life
- The CIO will need to rapidly switch between participating at a senior level in the planning and operation of the organization as well as leading, driving, and maintaining an efficient IT organization. The Sr. IT executive must be able to keep up with the changing higher education landscape and its challenges on a day-to-day basis as well as keep up on current and emerging technologies. They will be accountable to present technology solutions to Sr. Leaders and others in non-technical terms that relate directly to the work they are doing. The Sr. IT leader will need to build and maintain relationships starting with students, faculty, administrators, board as well as the public that has an interest in how technology supports the college.
- The CIO will need to be able to represent technical challenges for issues like IT security in ways that are interesting and understandable to students, staff, faculty, and administrators. Conversely, the Sr. IT leader will need to be able to tie non-technical goals and objectives for the college to the day-to-day work done by their technical staff such that they understand how their daily work supports the achievement of those goals and objectives.
- CampusWorks’ mission is to transform the institutional environment so students, faculty, and staff can thrive. The CISO supports this mission by helping to protect one of the institution’s most valuable resources: its data.
- As Chief Information Security Officer, you will be engaged as a full-time employee. The majority of your work will be performed at the client site. You will need to be able to travel on short notice in the event a client requires immediate remediation.
- At CampusWorks, we help colleges and universities tackle difficult technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. As CISO, you will be matched with a client institution where you will play a vital role in providing information security leadership and expertise to help prevent a security breach and be prepared to respond should one occur. Depending on the client’s needs, you may be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Developing an overall cybersecurity program aligning with industry frameworks (e.g., ISO, NIST 800-171, etc.) and best practices
- Investigating, analyzing, and reviewing security breaches and preparing the executive and tactical recommendations report for appropriate control improvements
- Leading risk and vulnerability assessments for information systems applications and network infrastructure environments
- Developing tactical and strategic deliverable reports
- Identifying threats to the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, and relevant compliance of information systems and ensuring the appropriate response to vulnerability information, including the use of forensics
- Monitoring the application and compliance of security operations procedures and reviewing information systems for actual or potential breaches in security
- Conducting security control reviews across a full range of control types and techniques for information systems applications and computer installations, and recommending appropriate action to management
- Providing expertise and guidance on the application and operation of all types of security controls, including legislative and/or regulatory requirements, such as data protection and software copyright law
- Devising and documenting new/revised procedures relating to security control of all IT environments, systems, products, or services (including physical security) in order to demonstrate continual improvement in control
- Assessing the potential impact of planned technical changes on existing access security mechanisms in order to ensure that the potential compromise of existing security controls is minimized and assisting with the evaluation, testing, and implementation of such changes
Experience and Education
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, business , or a related field
- An MBA or master’s degree is desirable.
- A strong track record as CTO or CISO with at least 10 years of experience with 5 or more years in a college or university environment
- Experience with and a broad understanding of higher education challenges and the application of technology solutions to resolving those challenges. The Sr. Executive should have a solid understanding of core higher education technology solutions necessary to address those challenges.
- Experience with higher education technology solutions
- Experience in facilitating diverse groups to an agreed-upon outcome that is aligned with the best interest of the college
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- We are looking for a talented, passionate individual who is an information security expert with at least 10 years of experience in the field of data and network security or equivalent technology-related experience, and can show us:
- A strong track record of investigating and responding to security breaches
- Experience performing risk assessments and business impact analyses for all major academic and administrative systems
- The proven ability to advise on security strategies
- Deep knowledge of relevant college or university information security procedures and policies (e.g. acceptable use, data protection, freedom of information, information security, purchasing, etc.)
- Expertise in industry standards and practices related to data and network security, and fluency in articulating best practices
- A demonstrated effort to maintain the highest knowledge of cyber security by pursuing continuing education and/or achieving new certifications
- Education requirements: this career opportunity requires a bachelor’s degree in a science-related field with a strong background in computer science or information technology or an equivalent combination of some college and significant work experience; a master’s degree is preferred. It also requires security certification credentials, such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, or equivalent.
- Candidate must have a valid US Passport.
What You Can Expect from Us
At CampusWorks, we don’t just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits for full-time employees, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career. Our employees enjoy:
Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of students and educators.
A CEO who cares. Chairman and CEO Liz Murphy has made it her mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels like being a member of a big family.
A virtual and onsite workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such, our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they work from their home offices and at client sites.
Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy customers. That’s why CampusWorks offers both full-time and part-time 1099 consulting career opportunities to fit life’s unique demands.
A company that gives back. Every year CampusWorks proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our vision to make higher education accessible to everyone.
Founded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher education overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. We work with community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the institution—from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to Academics—to achieve transformative results.
AAP/EEO Statement: CampusWorks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Actions (AA) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Address USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20