The Automation is responsible for developing, designing, building, planning, executing and closing automation and smart factory projects through cross functional team collaboration and following Colgate Standards including Safety, Sustainability, Performance, Reliability, Finance, Security and Risk Management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute technical studies with end user and cross functional teams to understand and accommodate requirements and needs
- Develop, review and influence approval on automation and smart factory solutions that align with business objectives as well as supplier negotiation with support from Indirect Procurement
- Ensures the integrity of equipment specifications, layouts/designs, building and infrastructure construction, electrical and controls requirements and project documentation
- Benchmark latest technical developments and identify potential applications for supply chain continuous improvement. Utilizes risk analysis and evaluates vertical integration.
- Use technical skills including PLC/Archestra programming, HMI screen development, and data acquisition and analytics to integrate and improve automation and smart factory projects.
- Monitor equipment delivery from supplier plant to ensure quality, on time delivery and mitigate any potential issues or delay.
- Where required coordinate installation, EMO, Commission, Start up with supplier, end user, plant operation team, maintenance team, plant engineering team and others as required
- Coordinate design, installation, operation and performance qualifications with supplier, end user, plant operation team, maintenance team, plant engineering team and others.
- Coordinate Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) with supplier, end user, plant operation team, maintenance team, plant engineering team and others.
- Ensures appropriate testing is conducted to verify that process/equipment meets design specification and that personnel are trained appropriately.
- Prepare, share and archive final technical documentation including, drawings, schematics, instructions, commented programs and the like.
- Participation and involvement in Continuous Improvement Reviews, Subject Matter Expert groups and other technical forums
- Coordinate project planning, execution and closing: participate in Project Management Plans and Processes (cost, schedule, communication, resources, scope, risk, etc.)
Basic requiered qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering, information technology or related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in plant floor systems, integration, HMI/Dashboard development, and/or automation.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations and core processes.
Expected Areas of Skills
- PLC, Archestra,SAP Mii, and Microsoft SQL programming.
- HMI gui development and knowledge of situational awareness design
- Control system design best practices including alarm management.
- Understanding of networks (IT and Industrial) and IT systems
- Understanding of cybersecurity in manufacturing systems
- Expert knowledge in Wonderware systems including MES, Archestra, Intouch, and Historian
- SPC concepts
- Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly and apply them
- Ability to lead groups through problem solving sessions and meetings and deliver results
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
- Address 117980, Topeka, KS, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10