The City of Raleigh is the capital of North Carolina and home to several colleges and universities, with a vibrant performing arts community. Fueled by an impressive mix of education, ingenuity and collaboration, Raleigh has become an internationally recognized leader in life science and technology innovation.
The City has been listed as one of the fastest growing cities for many years — the current population is about 475,000 people, up from 291,141 in the 2000 Census. Raleigh is known for its high quality of life for its residents. Together with Chapel Hill and Durham, Raleigh forms the Research Triangle Park. The Raleigh-Cary metropolitan area includes Wake, Franklin and Johnston counties with a population of almost 1.4 million.
Below are some recent national recognitions for Raleigh:
• Raleigh is the 2nd Best State Capital for Safety & More – WalletHub, February 2023
• Raleigh is the 2nd Most Climate-Resilient City – Architectural Digest, February 2023
• Raleigh is 8th Biggest Boomtown – LendingTree, February 2023
• Raleigh is #4 Best U.S. City for Work/Life Balance & Mental Health – Coworking Café Study, January 2023
• Raleigh ranks 10th among 415 cities as best place for college students to live – WalletHub, December 2022
• Raleigh ranks No. 1 as best place for veterans to call home – WalletHub, November 2022
We are regularly looking for talent from engineers and IT professionals to parks to police, and from entry level candidates to those with executive experience. The opportunities for growth, job satisfaction and quality of life are an important facet of calling Raleigh your employer as well as your home.