About the job
Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense, advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
Utilizes knowledge to program, set-up, operate and inspect a variety of CNC and manual machines to efficiently produce prototype and production parts to specification.
Ideal candidate will have experience with MasterCAM, CAM/CAD and experience with Machine Process and GD&T.
- Works with a variety of materials, tooling, and machine operations
- Interprets engineering drawings and sketches to plan, layout, and establish set-up procedures
- Inspects first-run and in-process parts using precision measuring equipment
- Promptly and accurately completes all required recordkeeping
- Performs machine maintenance per preventive maintenance instructions
- Maintains the machine and surrounding working clean, safe and organized using 5S practices
- May develop and improve machine processes and documents process data sheets
- Complete deburr process as directed by area supervisor
- Maintain security and confidentiality of customer and internal products and documentation
- Participate in providing timely feedback to upstream and downstream operations as appropriate
- Proactively participate in site Lean engagement and activities.
- Provide feedback on ways to reduce scrap created within the process by recommending corrective action to reduce or eliminating root cause.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all company security policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Able to perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above and Level 2
- Works with a wide variety of complex materials, tooling, equipment and machining operations
- Interprets complex engineering drawings and blueprints using associated machining and dimensioning principles
- May work closely with engineering in developing and optimizing product part requirements and processes
- May offer recommendations for changes or improvements to the process based on experience and knowledge
- Recognized as area expert in being able to perform and train in others in challenging or specialized areas
- Has wide latitude for using independent judgment with minimal supervisory oversight.
- May interact with customers as required.
- Serves as a mentor as well as a backup to the Team Leader or supervisor in their absence.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex technical procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a work group
- Strong troubleshooting ability and regarded as area Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Area SME to assist in resolving the most complex and challenging situation
- Normally receives limited instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- 8+ experience in CNC programming and processing software
- Ability to read, interpret and understand complex blueprints
- Ability to write reports, document processes and procedures
- 5+ years in a machinist leadership/mentor role
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic-advanced math
- Ability to program highly complex machine operations
- High School Diploma or GED
Geographical Location: California:Concord
Physical Location: Concord, CA – 4041
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: M-F 0800-1630
- Address Concord, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10