About the job
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located in the IBM office in either Southbury, CT, or in New York City, NY. There will be limited remote work option post covid. We are co-located in the office, but maintain a responsible consideration of health and safety practices – which includes ongoing support for an in-office/remote office balance during these unusual times.
There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense.
- IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM CIO is seeking a Vulnerability Management Analyst for the CIO Vulnerability Management team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, and innovative team member to join the CIO Cybersecurity program and tackle the challenges of keeping our enterprise secure.
You are self-motivated, life-long learner and well-versed in cybersecurity. You will need to have knowledge of and experience with vulnerability management and processes, Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems, configuration management and vulnerability scanning. Knowledge of cloud and infrastructure support systems and network devices such as FW, WAFs, IDS/IPS, etc. is also required. Along with your technical knowledge, attention to details and follow-up are core requirements to this role.
This role will work directly with endpoint and infrastructure support teams, as well as drive the vulnerability management program for remediations across the CIO. Your role will support the team across the entire life cycle of vulnerability and configuration management including knowledge and expertise in our tools, asset management, scanning, mitigating controls to assess threat, review of remediation timelines for application related vulnerabilities, projects, and reporting. You will be required to track and work with team members across the IBM enterprise for patching and remediation.
IBMers are our everyday consumers, and we focus on securing their environment and improving their experience every day.
- Identify, assess, prioritize, and act on vulnerabilities and weaknesses to improve the CIO’s overall security posture.
- Perform technical application and infrastructure security vulnerability assessments across a wide range of critical CIO assets, including hardware, software, SaaS offerings, network infrastructure, and Cloud solutions.
- Work with IBM business units to effectively communicate the risks of identified vulnerabilities and make recommendations regarding the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate identified risks.
- Develop/refine necessary governance documentation (policies, procedures, standards, guidelines) for all security vulnerability assessment processes.
- Collaborate with various teams (IT, Development, Research, Services) to help ensure designs and implementations meet specified security standards.
- Prepare detailed cyber security vulnerability metrics and reports for all CIO leadership and business units.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience dealing with threat actors with the ability to articulate how they operate and how they subvert common security controls
- Experience supporting enterprise vulnerability management and coordination
- Understanding of network services, vulnerabilities, and attacks
- Knowledge of application exploits and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of ports and services typical in configuration of web servers, file servers, and workstations
- Demonstrated understanding of Windows/Mac/Linux operating system and infrastructure/cloud vulnerability scanning and configuration
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS, DNS, DCHP, DMZ architecture, Active Directory, Proxies, Cloud architecture technologies and VPNs
- Knowledge of and extensive experience with the CVE program, Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), and other industry specific vulnerability classification standards, frameworks, and best practices
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 5+ years working in Information Security Technology, Vulnerability Management, or related discipline
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience with threat hunting and threat intelligence
- Experience with industry standard defensive tools including EDR
- Comfortable working with a team in an agile environment
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM’s 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Southbury, CT, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors