Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
This position reports to the VP, Global Technology Risk Management in the new IT Operational Risk (ITOR) and Governance Function. The incumbent will interface between the VP, Global Technology Risk Management, the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and Global Technology Chief Architect (CA), Business Unit (BU) / Corporate Function (CF) Chief Risk Officers (CROs), and other key stakeholders to oversee, manage and advance risk management initiatives. They key responsibilities of the role are to help drive the GT risk management agenda, coordinate, and ensure effective communication and delivery of GT risk processes and control execution within the CISO & CA organizations. The incumbent will also have a significant role in driving dialogue and debate on key issues with CISO & CA leadership teams to agree on solutions to manage technology risk and reduce the need for escalation. Other responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Oversee, manage, coordinate or perform broad risk activities across strategic initiatives to ensure effective execution and required outcomes in a proactive, seamless, and timely manner
- Ensure the appropriate connections and provide strong link between ITOR and CISO & CA leadership teams to ensure information, meetings, and engagements align with GT, BU/CF, and enterprise priorities
- Consume and apply metrics and other reports to identify information security and architecture risk trends, aggregations, and concentrations, and recommend and oversee mitigation activities
- Provide comprehensive view on the state of information security and architecture risks to provide transparency of risk exposures, and enable informed risk-based decision making and prioritization
- Partner with CISO & CA to understand strategy, direction, and operations to provide objective risk management consulting advice and ensure information security and architecture operational risks in the technology and information environment from new initiatives, new & emerging technologies, and new products & market opportunities are appropriately managed within GT risk tolerances, corporate risk appetite, and limits
- Influence improvement and excellence mindset to stimulate efficiencies and synergies in the execution of risk management and control activities between ITOR, 2nd line and other enterprise oversight functions
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in implementing, leading, and executing IT operational risk and control activities across a variety of technology risk types
- Technical acumen including skills and knowledge of technology risk management frameworks and techniques
- Strong understanding of information security and architecture operating models, strategic priorities, and supporting technology
- Consultative skills, ability to form solid relationships and read the pulse of the organization to facilitate decision-making at multiple levels
- Self-confident, willing to challenge status quo, trustworthy and high integrity
- Ability to make connections from information and unite people by synthesizing issues and translating them into tangible action plans
- Demonstrated ability to influence with comfort and ability working between organizational structures to effect significant change; self-starter comfortable working independently and within a team environment
- Ability to create, communicate, and execute on a strategic vision and purpose to influence and effect change and maintain forward momentum
- Exceptional business acumen, strategic, and critical thinking skills to turn technical content into easily understood business language for decision making
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant certifications preferred
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
- Address Newark, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors