Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Prudential Financial is seeking a VP, Head of Global Technology (GT) Operational Risk Assurance for the Global Technology organization. Reporting to the Head of GT Operational Risk & Governance, this newly created role will build and lead a global, high-performing GT operational risk assessment and assurance team for the enterprise.
The role requires a strategic risk leader, who has built and implemented effective IT operational risk assessment programs across a global technology environment and worked in a fast-paced, evolving global business environment. It will be either be based out of Newark, N.J. or the work location could be flexible based upon Prudential return to work strategy.
- Develop and execute an GT operational risk assessment strategy and capability across the organization that optimizes vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing functional strategies
- Develop, implement, maintain and optimize an IT operational risk assessment framework and associated processes in place to effectively identify and assess risk with heavy focus on technology and capability/domain level risk assessments
- Oversee the execution of IT operational risk assessment activities, including risk and control assessments (test of design and test of execution), third party risk assessments, technical risk assessments, domain/capability risk assessments, transformation initiative risk assessments, risk reporting, and other risk remediation advisory activities
- Partner with other stakeholder organizations (enterprise risk, corporate due diligence, information security, project/program management, etc.) to ensure appropriate risks are identified, mitigated, communicated, and reported
- Integrate and optimize GT assessment processes with key enterprise operational risks
- Build, lead and develop a high-performing, diverse and inclusive IT operational risk assessment team
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in implementing, leading, and executing IT operational risk assessment activities across the entire risk taxonomy
- Strong technical acumen to include subject matter expertise in the components and risks related to cloud, information security and cyber, agile development methodology, computer and network infrastructure, and privacy
- Strong background in executing complex initiative level risk assessments that would include identifying and determining level of risks related to people, financial, information, technical, third party, etc.
- Proven record in leading and driving IT operational risk initiatives across multiple functions and teams and geographies
- Demonstrated success in leading through change, ability to apply cultural and local market considerations in analysis
- Ability to create, communicate and execute on a strategic vision and purpose
- Demonstrated ability to influence and effect significant change, including successful track record evaluating and moving forward with emerging technologies, ecosystems and new partnerships
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to connect, build relationships and influence business leaders, across all levels
- Success in building and leading diverse and inclusive teams
- Exceptional business acumen and strategic thinking skills with proven ability to turn technical content into easily understood business language for decision making
- Bachelor’s degree
- CISSP, CRISC, CISA, and CISM preferred certifications
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
- Address Newark, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors